+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 23-24

Name:  2fd841cc-5bc5-4358-ba8a-9ce54ec31f48.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  33.4 KB

Probably wouldnt appeal to everyone on here, but first thing I would do would move heaven and earth to bring Butcher back and make him captain.
    Play him at centre half. Chased out of the club by a prick like Mulgrew. Bring him back and also let him sort that dirty weegie c...t out.

Quote Originally Posted by myhometeam View Post
    Probably wouldnt appeal to everyone on here, but first thing I would do would move heaven and earth to bring Butcher back and make him captain.
    Play him at centre half. Chased out of the club by a prick like Mulgrew. Bring him back and also let him sort that dirty weegie c...t out.
    I'm in agreement. Hopefully he can smash the arse out of birighitti's missus while he's at it

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm in agreement. Hopefully he can smash the arse out of birighitti's missus while he's at it
    Great shout

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    No offense but i genuinely cant believe what I'm reading here. You think 4-5 players? We need 4-5 players just for our bench, never mind the starting 11.

If freeman, and mcmann are even remotely close to starting 11 next season then we won't be coming up for a while, id be gutted if they even make our bench, they are utter sh1t. Freeman and McMann arent even championship level.

We will need double figures for next season to stand a realistic chance of promotion at first attempt
    Completely get it and I never take offence! I am trying in my mind to balance realism though. Double figures will not bring quality in and would not be a longterm solution.

Think we need to be more focused and accept we will need to do it in stages for it to bring longterm success. Key players recruited to key areas to support development of others.

Any one of us could identify the issues we have thought, it's hardly a secret. Get rid of absolutely every c*nt and start over, simples!
    You’re right that we’ll all have an opinion on who should go and stay.
    Levitt is under contract I think.
    Don’t know about Fletcher. Would need a manager who played to his strengths.
    McGrath maybe.
    The rest can go but some will be under contract.
    Manager who knows. Once we would probably have had a lot of applications but not sure now.
    Any thoughts of becoming ManCitydown south. 😧

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    McGrath maybe.
    Manager who knows. Once we would probably have had a lot of applications but not sure now.
    Any thoughts of becoming ManCitydown south. ��
    Nah, always an Arab mate never had a second team. City are a good team to watch but it's all from a strictly neutral position.

Also my missus is a Chelsea fan so I'd be in bother

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    McGrath maybe.
    Any thoughts of becoming ManCitydown south. 😧
    Levitt is under contract but contracts can be terminated by mutual consent. We're allegedly paying him £6.5k per week which I don't think we'll be able to match on a Championship budget. So I think we will need to negotiate that down or agree to let him leave for nothing. I don't think he'll struggle to find a club, like Hearts for instance. Whatever happens, I'll be very surprised if he takes the field for us next season.

Similar story with Behich - the guy was playing against the world champions just a few months ago, now he's going to be playing against Airdrie and Arbroath? I think he'll be away too.

If these guys don't want to play in the Scottish Championship we won't need to pay them anything to leave. If they want to stay then great, play them and get promoted. I'm on about Levitt and Behich here BTW.

Most would tbf. Have you seen her? Ooft!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)