+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Season 23-24

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Jack Ross had a track record, Courts didn't
    I'm not arguing with that but you did ask.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    What is everyone seeing thats so great about Goodwin? What's the difference between Goodwin and Fox?

Same squad of players. Both failed to motivate them, both persisted with the keeper to the teams downfall. Both of their teams were absolutely brutal and if anything we have looked even worse at the back under Goodwin with players making even more individual errors.

Fox 28% win
    Goodwin 27% win

The only difference is off the park and the fact Goodwin is seemingly saying more things fans want to hear.. but it hasnt worked for him with the squad. If Fox had been better in interviews would we have been happy keeping him for next season?
    What I would say in Goodwins favour , he took over what we all agree was a near impossible task , the January window shambles is what sealed our fate plus the fact Fox was in charge a hell of a lot longer , personally I think Goodwin done well to keep that shower in contention . Don’t think anyone is saying he is brilliant but I do feel he is best option out there , just look at the contenders for up the road for example . Also he has first hand knowledge of the short comings of that squad , we really don’t have the time for a new manger to find out

For Foxy not to demand a goal keeper in January was criminal, and shows he was too soft with board.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I must have missed something... I haven't read any poster on here saying JG is great in the slightest.

I can only speak for myself when saying if it is going to be him , do it right now, if not , (and I don't mind that either) get someone else in place ASAP.

Yes, he comes across well in interview, but some thought Tam did too. Hmmm...

IF??? he does get the job, at least he will know exactly who can step up to the plate , and who's erse will fent when the going gets tough. A new manager will probably want to assess his/her players, and that will take time and probably real Championship matches, which yet again might be far too late.
    Very much this.

Decision made now. Review of those under contract should start tomorrow, with significant fringe/youth involvement.

Monday the revolving door starts.Get Birighitti and all defenders to feck first.

Let the door revolve from Monday

"By mutual consent" x 10 to 12 please starting with that Celtic loving imposter of a "Goalkeeper"

Quote Originally Posted by That thing you do View Post
    Very much this.

Decision made now. Review of those under contract should start tomorrow, with significant fringe/youth involvement.

Monday the revolving door starts.Get Birighitti and all defenders to feck first.

Let the door revolve from Monday

"By mutual consent" x 10 to 12 please starting with that Celtic loving imposter of a "Goalkeeper"
    9 (nine) days on from this post and you have to say that progress so far is underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    9 (nine) days on from this post and you have to say that progress so far is underwhelming.
    Unfortunately the first few weeks will be about cuts right throughout the club. Signings will come, but as every year, most players and staff will be on holiday for the first couple of weeks. That will include us.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Unfortunately the first few weeks will be about cuts right throughout the club. Signings will come, but as every year, most players and staff will be on holiday for the first couple of weeks. That will include us.
    Yeah was aware that I'm contradicting myself because I said the same on a different thread. Just want this clear out and rebuild asap

As far as I'm aware, 6 are gone, 6 have been told they can leave, and a number of kids (possibly as many as 10), have been told they're no longer required.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    As far as I'm aware, 6 are gone, 6 have been told they can leave, and a number of kids (possibly as many as 10), have been told they're no longer required.
    Any chance of spilling some names apart from those we know are gone?

Although i think ive seen on here that Niskanen, Birighitti, Freeman, McMann, Mulgrew and another are rumoured to have been told to seek employment elsewhere, ive not seen anything about any of the younger ones, some of whom are rumoured to have been given game time over the last season.

I am however more concerned about players who i would like to stay like Levitt, Fletcher and Behich who might not fancy the Chumpionship!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Any chance of spilling some names apart from those we know are gone?

Although i think ive seen on here that Niskanen, Birighitti, Freeman, McMann, Mulgrew and another are rumoured to have been told to seek employment elsewhere, ive not seen anything about any of the younger ones, some of whom are rumoured to have been given game time over the last season.

I am however more concerned about players who i would like to stay like Levitt, Fletcher and Behich who might not fancy the Chumpionship!
    Haven't heard names, only the number that have been told they're surplus. You could possibly figure some out if you looked at their contract situations (which I haven't). Behich looks most likely of that trio to leave.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)