+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Too many O/T & ‘Too Big to ignore’ Threads?

O/T:- Too many O/T & ‘Too Big to ignore’ Threads?

Is it me or is this board now getting stupid with too many O/T threads. Why can’t we have different categories for threads ie;

- Match day Thread
    - General Football Thread
    - Transfer News Thread
    - Off-Topic Thread. Etc

Would be nice to not have to scroll down the list of threads to find one that is about football and Notts in particular.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-05-2023 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added Somewhat Ironic Off-Topic Designation

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Is it me or is this board now getting stupid with too many O/T threads. Why can’t we have different categories for threads ie;

- Match day Thread
    - Transfer News Thread
    - Off-Topic Thread. Etc

Would be nice to not have to scroll down the list of threads to find one that is about football and Notts in particular.
    Absolutely 100% agree 👍

Would be useful if possible to structure it like that.

But it's the close season so you should expect more O/T threads especially in end May/ early June, a traditionally quiet period for all football matters.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Absolutely 100% agree 👍
    I agree, but shouldn't this thread be marked as O/T?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I agree, but shouldn't this thread be marked as O/T?
    Well spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post

- Match day Thread
    - Transfer News Thread
    - Off-Topic Thread. Etc

Agreed Banjo. Having a separate forum for Off-Topic threads would be very helpful. Unfortunately getting anything fixed, restructured or rearranged on here is about as likely to ever get done as finding replacements for the former moderators who quit back in the late-Medieval period.

I'm not sure it really matters. Once you've opened an O/T thread, if it's a topic you have no interest in then just ignore it in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only one who just opens the threads they have more interest in? Also, if you want to you can rate the thread if you're using the FM default view.

My concern is the O/T Gambling Thread.
    It seems incredulous that we have stamped out swearing on this board but then allow our children on here to be exposed to such vices....
    We have children of all ages reading this board and could be influenced into using these tips as their Gateway into gambling.Many children like wrestling and could also lead down the slippery road of gambling by these exotic names involved. im sure it would take little temptation to lump a farthing on Hunky Monkey Lightning to defeat Saddo Fatboy Warrior.
    We had a visionary on here who wanted this board to be a better place for kids and adults, it would seem a shame to now go and spoil it.
    What next!.? An O/T live link to Adult Babes and their Bikini & lingerie specials.?
    fingers crossed x

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    My concern is the O/T Gambling Thread.
    It seems incredulous that we have stamped out swearing on this board but then allow our children on here to be exposed to such vices....
    We have children of all ages reading this board and could be influenced into using these tips as their Gateway into gambling.Many children like wrestling and could also lead down the slippery road of gambling by these exotic names involved. im sure it would take little temptation to lump a farthing on Hunky Monkey Lightning to defeat Saddo Fatboy Warrior.
    We had a visionary on here who wanted this board to be a better place for kids and adults, it would seem a shame to now go and spoil it.
    What next!.? An O/T live link to Adult Babes and their Bikini & lingerie specials.?
    fingers crossed x
    The board stamped out swearing itself with the bot thing that removes it. There are however plenty of children reading the board given the behaviour of some! Personally I just scroll on most of the time past the political and gambling threads. I either have no interest or lack the intelligence or time to have a lot of interest. Political threads are pointless. Nobody ever changes their mind they just get more defensive / offensive. When has someone said " I admit you are right I am wrong and you've changed my mind". And if take the advice on a gambling thread on a football forum often posted by someone who appears to delight in making people he chooses to look stupid then you deserve all you get quite frankly. Each to their own. Would be good to know if there is a "Plan B' for the day this board all of a sudden disappears without notice - which will happen when the advertising revenue generated from it for the owners is so low that maintaining it is no longer viable.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The board stamped out swearing itself with the bot thing that removes it. There are however plenty of children reading the board given the behaviour of some! Personally I just scroll on most of the time past the political and gambling threads. I either have no interest or lack the intelligence or time to have a lot of interest. Political threads are pointless. Nobody ever changes their mind they just get more defensive / offensive. When has someone said " I admit you are right I am wrong and you've changed my mind". And if take the advice on a gambling thread on a football forum often posted by someone who appears to delight in making people he chooses to look stupid then you deserve all you get quite frankly. Each to their own. Would be good to know if there is a "Plan B' for the day this board all of a sudden disappears without notice - which will happen when the advertising revenue generated from it for the owners is so low that maintaining it is no longer viable.
    I admit you are right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast