+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Players out on Loan

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Mental health as in - its not a destination, but a process. Its about how you drive, not where you're going when your young, Oz mate.
    As you'll know there's alot to learn about driving a train to its final destination when your learning & laters on as well but you aint got 24/7 public eyes watching your every move on/off the pitch slagging you off.

I'd suspect you've inherited your parents work ethic & likewise myself but young players are looked after well by clubs, many from the age of 11& later paid handsomely but as Arsenal found out this season that the well paid young ones have lots to learn at the sharpe end of PL to become consistent confirmed performers of merit within squads today & know doubt in yesterday year too.

I'm pretty sure Leeds youngsters will provide an exciting platform if we drop to show their stuff as they've had an opportunity to discover what football work ethic is & what is required.
    As I said in my last response to your post #25, the general issue isn't what this thread relates to.

We have a small number of very talented young players who have been loaned out for what at face value seem very slim reasonings, given the gaps in the 1st team squad which have been known for some time, coupled with vast amounts of money spent on VERY questionable incomings and just what that does to the attitude of those loanees on their return.

Why would you think that the returning young players would be providing an "exciting platform" when (not if) we are relegated, when they have been so badly treated by the club they signed up to join? And why would you imply that they weren't fully versed in the "work ethic" that is required, given that every one of them has featured in the 1st team and given good accounts of themselves both at their "adopted" club and LUFC in the process?
    Last edited by WTF11; 27-05-2023 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    [/B]
    Yes well paid alright more like handed it to them that's what turns them into gamblers womanizers alcoholics so on. If they had to work hard for money they would not be so reckless with it. For crying out loud they are even getting their meals cooked 3 times a day talking about softies and entitled.
    Do rich spoiled brats come to mind?
    Hi Oz. Not sure the "rich spoiled brats" description applies to the loanees, all of whom have acquitted themselves well at their adopted clubs (e.g Claws post regarding Cresswell), but perhaps more accurately aimed at McKennie, Roca, Aaronson, Sinisterra, Rutter for whom LUFC have paid a very, VERY pretty penny.

They are loaned out because they are shyte and are looking for a gullible buyer,
    Or,
    Because they are good and are looking for experience..

Usually the first one applies to Leeds. And either selling or buying.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And it's equally possible, probably even more likely, that you can ruin a young players career by stunting their growth be exhibiting a lack of faith in the players ability to perform, manifested by a preference to loan out rather than provide 1st team opportunities.

As examples of players who have proved the wisdom of the old adage, "if they are good enough, they are old enough";

George Best – 17years, 3 months, 23 days
    Aaron Lennon – 16 years, 129 days
    Peter Lorimer – 15 years 289 days
    Dennis Law – 16 years 10 months
    Harry Kane - 19 years, 21 days
    Eddie Nketiah – 18 years, 9 months, 2 days (for Arsenal)
    Joe Gelhardt – 19 years, 5 months, 12 days
    Fabian Delph – 17 years, 5 months, 15 days

And no, I'm NOT comparing, simply illustrating that across decades of top level football, t e e nagers (and young t e e nagers at that) have not only debuted well, they have gone on to be successful, because someone trusted them enough to give them an opportunity.
    Talkin shyte as usual... Harry Kane ... yes debuted and made only 1 appearance that season... then sent out on loan to Norwich and Leciester, how many of our players are at George Best level??????????? you have no idea about youth development and every post you put up shows it... stop making a fool of yourself... again
    Last edited by whitestomper45; 28-05-2023 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Hi Oz. Not sure the "rich spoiled brats" description applies to the loanees, all of whom have acquitted themselves well at their adopted clubs (e.g Claws post regarding Cresswell), but perhaps more accurately aimed at McKennie, Roca, Aaronson, Sinisterra, Rutter for whom LUFC have paid a very, VERY pretty penny.
    I'm talking to the new generation generally not just players. They all want everything but don't want to work for it. Here the 10 to 16-year-olds are all of their heads vaping killing people, robbing, and all other crap instead of learning to be at school. All because they are taught that they can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Talkin shyte as usual... Harry Kane ... yes debuted and made only 1 appearance that season... then sent out on loan to Norwich and Leciester, how many of our players are at George Best level??????????? you have no idea about youth development and every post you put up shows it... stop making a fool of yourself... again
    You read, but on what you might call a "selective" basis (at least where any post from me is concerned).

I said quite specifically "And no, I'm NOT comparing", you seem to have missed that, how strange.

My one and only point is that were LUFC to be blessed with a coaching staff who could identify and promote some of the players who have either been loaned out for spurious reasons, or who languish in the U21s (whilst showing the senior side what promotion looks like), we might well have saved a substantial proportion of the £150m that has been wasted on the likes of Arronson, Roca, Rutter etc

I don't claim, never have, to have any "youth development" experience or expertise, so suggesting I have is a bit stupid. However it would appear that neither do those in positions of influence in the youth development programme at LUFC.

As for anyone making a fool of themselves, perhaps if you read my posts and "digested" the content before leaping to the keyboard at some ungodly hour of the morning, you'd look a little less foolish.

… and the Dennis Wise how to start an argument in a phone box goes to …..

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Eh, not sure some of you understand why young players are sent out on loan.... the club rather than wanting to sell them, want them to get first team experience elsewhere to help their development... it's not a "we think your crap so f off somewhere else, till we work a deal to get rid of you"

Harry Kane was loaned to Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester.................................
    Please, please don't talk sense on here.... the regulars aren't used to it

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Hey Costa hope you are keeping well

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Well at least regulars post not the assassins that come in for one cameo while they wait for another mission to hit.
    Where were you when the regulars were telling everyone we are fcked going nowhere but down ohh wait I think you came in once or twice called them nutters. PS I know I'm one of your hits Name:  i-dont-give-a-****-happy-poo.gif
Views: 105
Size:  8.7 KB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)