+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defence of linda

Defence of linda

Staggers me at times, not so much here I think those that tentatively support him here know he's flawed but other sites and forums, it staggers me that people think saying pretty much zip to paying customers is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Staggers me at times, not so much here I think those that tentatively support him here know he's flawed but other sites and forums, it staggers me that people think saying pretty much zip to paying customers is acceptable.
    I am also astounded.
    I think that the Dundee supporters have had the stuffing knocked out of them over the years and have given up.
    There is also the other problem with some supporters who are frightened to complain about Nelms in case Tim Keyes resigns as Chairman and ‘pulls the plugs’.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am also astounded.
    I think that the Dundee supporters have had the stuffing knocked out of them over the years and have given up.
    There is also the other problem with some supporters who are frightened to complain about Nelms in case Tim Keyes resigns as Chairman and ‘pulls the plugs’.
    Think the word fearties springs to mind.

Think the word fearties springs to mind.
    I agree. The Dee4life board of directors are frightened to say anything which might upset John Nelms despite what they said at the AGM on 19th November 2022.
    They are all talk and no action.

I agree. The Dee4life board of directors are frightened to say anything which might upset John Nelms despite what they said at the AGM on 19th November 2022.
    They are all talk and no action.
    What action did you take, when you were on the DFL board?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    What action did you take, when you were on the DFL board?
    Prior to joining the D4L board I was an official volunteer with my remit being banking and fundraising which I carried on when I joined the board initially as a Co-opted director and then a full director.
    Thanks to my research I helped get the bank charges reduced from a monthly charge of £25 to less than half that amount.
    I also helped trying to get a bank account closed which was originally a joint venture between D4L and the Club.
    We had great difficulty trying to get the account closed and in the end D4L gave up the rights to the balance of the account and sent a letter to John Nelms advising him that the bank account now belonged to the club.
    I do not know if the Club have closed the account or not as we never received a reply from Nelms thanking us for handing over the balance of the account to DFC.
    I also tried to promote using Easysearch as a search engine and Easyfundraising to raise funds for Dee4life.
    One person completing 10 searches using Dee4life.easysearch.org.uk as their search engine every day for a year would raise £18.25 for Dee4life. One hundred people would raise £1825. One thousand people would raise £18,250 Ten thousand people would raise £182,500 per annum.
    After five years a total of £912,500 would be raised which could pay for the £750,000 cost of buying back Dens Park with the remaining £162,500 being kept for future repairs and improvements.

Prior to joining the D4L board I was an official volunteer with my remit being banking and fundraising which I carried on when I joined the board initially as a Co-opted director and then a full director.
    Thanks to my research I helped get the bank charges reduced from a monthly charge of £25 to less than half that amount.
    I also helped trying to get a bank account closed which was originally a joint venture between D4L and the Club.
    We had great difficulty trying to get the account closed and in the end D4L gave up the rights to the balance of the account and sent a letter to John Nelms advising him that the bank account now belonged to the club.
    I do not know if the Club have closed the account or not as we never received a reply from Nelms thanking us for handing over the balance of the account to DFC.
    I also tried to promote using Easysearch as a search engine and Easyfundraising to raise funds for Dee4life.
    One person completing 10 searches using Dee4life.easysearch.org.uk as their search engine every day for a year would raise £18.25 for Dee4life. One hundred people would raise £1825. One thousand people would raise £18,250 Ten thousand people would raise £182,500 per annum.
    After five years a total of £912,500 would be raised which could pay for the £750,000 cost of buying back Dens Park with the remaining £162,500 being kept for future repairs and improvements.
    So, nothing worthwhile then? £150 annual savings but the loss of an undisclosed amount of cash in a dormant bank account. Let's not even consider your pie in the sky plan to buy back Dens via some search engine that nobody's ever going to use.

At least you answered BP33's question without deflecting - what does BP33 have that I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    So, nothing worthwhile then? £150 annual savings but the loss of an undisclosed amount of cash in a dormant bank account. Let's not even consider your pie in the sky plan to buy back Dens via some search engine that nobody's ever going to use.

At least you answered BP33's question without deflecting - what does BP33 have that I don't?
    Tiger in his tank?

Or mibbe that's his wee bruv Esso.....cannae mind.

Tiger in his tank?

Or mibbe that's his wee bruv Esso.....cannae mind.
    'Discussions' with Islay have turned me into a Shell of the man I once was. I think I should put a big X on my Mobile beside his name and Jet off somewhere that I can forget about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    'Discussions' with Islay have turned me into a Shell of the man I once was. I think I should put a big X on my Mobile beside his name and Jet off somewhere that I can forget about the whole thing.
    Don't worry you'll maybe step out of the shower and it will all have been a dream. 🫣

Ewing and maybe BP. 😆

Anyways golf course is calling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)