+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roger Waters?

Roger Waters?

Says he's not anti-semitic, but supports the Pallys in their struggle against Israel.

Now where have I heard that before ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Has he lost his f*cking mind?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Says he's not anti-semitic, but supports the Pallys in their struggle against Israel.

Now where have I heard that before ?
    The display and wearing of grotesque Nazi apparel and insignia I leave to eejits like Waters and Prince Harry and other right-wing nut jobs. Free Palestine.

Attachment 24293

It's the get out clause for anti-semites the world over, 'I'm not anti-semitic but..........'

If you have an interest in mass graves mon ami, book yourself a holiday in Cyprus, the Greek part of the island is littered with them, but to find them you have to do a bit of asking around, no one seems much interested in them, maybe because it wasn't Jews who dug them ? Maybe, who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's the get out clause for anti-semites the world over, 'I'm not anti-semitic but..........'

If you have an interest in mass graves mon ami, book yourself a holiday in Cyprus, the Greek part of the island is littered with them, but to find them you have to do a bit of asking around, no one seems much interested in them, maybe because it wasn't Jews who dug them ? Maybe, who knows ?
    I'm off to Krakow with the wife in mid-June and we have booked a visit to Auschwitz, I've intended doing it since we visited Nurnberg. I want to try and understand why one tribe wants to decimate a different tribe. Perhaps I'll be dead before I do. Who knows?

No one will ever make sense of Auschwitz and the other death camps, they beggar belief. The Jews are an enigma, they have spread around the world, working hard and doing well but then when successful are resented and persecuted by the indigenous population. Is it jealousy, racism or both? it doesn't seem to be religious like catholics and protestants or Sunni and Shi'ites wanting to kill each other so why? Perhaps they are just different and people don't like "different".

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    No one will ever make sense of Auschwitz and the other death camps, they beggar belief. The Jews are an enigma, they have spread around the world, working hard and doing well but then when successful are resented and persecuted by the indigenous population. Is it jealousy, racism or both? it doesn't seem to be religious like catholics and protestants or Sunni and Shi'ites wanting to kill each other so why? Perhaps they are just different and people don't like "different".
    I've been saying this same thing for a zillion years Judaism is not a "race", it's a religion with various sects interwoven throughout the religious culture. There are white Jews, black Jews, brown Jews and probably a few yellow Jews too. Why they create so much bilious hatred I simply do not know.

I read last week that anti-Semitism in New York (of all places is off the chart) and adherents of the Jewish faith are migrating to Israel in their thousands.

Trying to fathom out the human disgrace is way beyond my capability.

Nothing really new as far as Waters is concerned. He has fallen out with other Pink Floyd band members in the past. They went on to record pro Ukrainian song “Hey, Hey, Rise Up” while Waters was for Russia and Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Nothing really new as far as Waters is concerned. He has fallen out with other Pink Floyd band members in the past. They went on to record pro Ukrainian song “Hey, Hey, Rise Up” while Waters was for Russia and Putin.
    I recall him saying Putin was engaging with a fascist state and reading about Ukraine's behaviour in the past I tend to agree with him on that one.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)