+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undeniable Heroes

I belatedly got around to watching this video the other night and it's exceptionally good. Fantastic work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Fury View Post
    To be fair, I figured the playoff final blunder against Grimsby last season and the mid-table finish this year with Solihull Moors has been enough penance out of him

That said, thank you all so much for the love on the video as well as for putting it here to boot. Ended up finding this place through the YouTube metrics and the high percentage of folks accessing the video directly from here, haha!
    Excellent video. I guess a problem was what to leave out of our long history. Did you know penalty kicks were introduced because of us?

Anyhow, tell us a bit more of how you discovered Notts to the extent you wanted to make a video? Was it Rodrigues (nice to hear how it should be pronounced), the Wrexham story, family connections? Seems strange that a fifth tier team should grap the attention of a proud footballing national living in a "soccer" country.

Ended up finding this place through the YouTube metrics and the high percentage of folks accessing the video directly from here, haha!
    I take it that access still counts in the YouTube views tally...

Will you be following County in L2 next year? When did your interest in NL, or us, start?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Excellent video. I guess a problem was what to leave out of our long history. Did you know penalty kicks were introduced because of us?

Anyhow, tell us a bit more of how you discovered Notts to the extent you wanted to make a video? Was it Rodrigues (nice to hear how it should be pronounced), the Wrexham story, family connections? Seems strange that a fifth tier team should grap the attention of a proud footballing national living in a "soccer" country.
    The PK’s bit along with the Juventus connection were some of the bits I left behind, just on the sole basis that I wasn’t being able to connect them in a way I feel would smoothly gone in with the rest of the video. But from a researching standpoint, it was fascinating stuff.

So for me, it was a combination of a few things. As someone who’s played Football Manager since getting introduced to it with the 2021 edition, I had some familiarity with the NL. Welcome to Wrexham was definitely another factor as I’d been following their results initially but definitely noticed Notts (and Langstaff’s insane goal scoring season) during the process. The video itself is something I got motivated to do after watching the Wrexham/Notts match in full on a stream just on the basis that I know Wrexham’s story was going to get told in many facets but what about this other club who was also having a historic season in their own right?

That and along with doing FM content on my channel, I wanted to give video essays a shot so the timing worked out quite well. I’m just glad people seem to be enjoying it! Definitely planning on following the journey moving forward and very likely doing a FM24 save with Notts as well.

The PK’s bit along with the Juventus connection were some of the bits I left behind, just on the sole basis that I wasn’t being able to connect them in a way I feel would smoothly gone in with the rest of the video. But from a researching standpoint, it was fascinating stuff.

So for me, it was a combination of a few things. As someone who’s played Football Manager since getting introduced to it with the 2021 edition, I had some familiarity with the NL. Welcome to Wrexham was definitely another factor as I’d been following their results initially but definitely noticed Notts (and Langstaff’s insane goal scoring season) during the process. The video itself is something I got motivated to do after watching the Wrexham/Notts match in full on a stream just on the basis that I know Wrexham’s story was going to get told in many facets but what about this other club who was also having a historic season in their own right?

That and along with doing FM content on my channel, I wanted to give video essays a shot so the timing worked out quite well. I’m just glad people seem to be enjoying it! Definitely planning on following the journey moving forward and very likely doing a FM24 save with Notts as well.
    Thanks for doing that, it's something that we can all look back at from time to time with such brilliant memories.
    The play-off week, Boreham Wood to Chesterfield has to be the maddest week in the club's history, absolute fairy tale stuff that no Notts fan will ever forget.

It sounds as if we made Wrexham famous then They wouldn't have had a very interesting story otherwise. Hope Notts can provide something of interest next season, but if not there's always more history for you to research. Lots of info on https://carouseldrivefootballs.on.dr...maggies00.html (regular poster upthemaggies work) if you've not already discovered it. Lots of folk on here with knowledge too.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It sounds as if we made Wrexham famous then They wouldn't have had a very interesting story otherwise. Hope Notts can provide something of interest next season, but if not there's always more history for you to research. Lots of info on https://carouseldrivefootballs.on.dr...maggies00.html (regular poster upthemaggies work) if you've not already discovered it. Lots of folk on here with knowledge too.
    Took a quick look at the link and it's already a treasure trove of info right there, I'll definitely be giving it a closer look later on.

And in general, again, I just wanted to thank everyone here for helping spread the video and showing love for it as well - it 100% is a big part of the reason why it's performed as well as it has thus far and gotten me over the 500 subscribers marker (and halfway to the 1,000 goal I set for myself by the end of the year). It also definitely upped my confidence in that I can do more of this format on subjects that catch my interest in the footballing world, so I'm thankful for it all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12