+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fozzy’s testimonial.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40290442]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

Thanks AF...good stuff. Looks like approaching forty years since the last ‘proper’ one then.
    Arguably although I’d class Ted’s as ‘proper’ esp given the effort made by maybe 15,000 Glaswegians

Much as I enjoy a weekend back, as it's very close to the season's start, I'll give this one a miss and save my "free days" and money for League games.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40290589]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Arguably although I’d class Ted’s as ‘proper’ esp given the effort made by maybe 15,000 Glaswegians
    By ‘proper’ I meant the ‘still playing for us after ten years’ factor and the huge number of appearances he’s clocked up.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40290723]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

By ‘proper’ I meant the ‘still playing for us after ten years’ factor and the huge number of appearances he’s clocked up.
    Knowing our luck he's likely to do his ACL again in the testimonial...

According to a former #4s Twitter account, he's pulling on his boots again for Fozzy's testimonial. Hope they have plenty of Haggis and Jaeger available.

Archie Gemmill?

I guess a number of factors have reduced these games, players no longer stay for very long at their clubs, they are so well paid these days that the testimonial as a way of providing a lump sum on retirement is not necessary anymore, these days gate receipts go to charity I believe and the game is a celebration of a players service to the club.

In terms of where derby are, a game against Stoke who were a mid table prem league team for a few years and are one of our rivals is as good as it gets at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    According to a former #4s Twitter account, he's pulling on his boots again for Fozzy's testimonial. Hope they have plenty of Haggis and Jaeger available.
    Bryson?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Bryson?
    Shrewd guess. That’d be nice and may put a few more bums on seats for what is looking like a particularly Scottish day, weather wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Shrewd guess. That’d be nice and may put a few more bums on seats for what is looking like a particularly Scottish day, weather wise.
    hope it's not jay mceverly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)