+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fozzy’s testimonial.

Fozzy’s testimonial.

Know it’s been mentioned before but now set to take place on Saturday 22nd July against Stoke City. Well deserved, hope it’s very well attended.

It makes you feel slightly unwanted to be given a game against Stoke as a testimonial...

Bit underwhelming perhaps, but a Saturday afternoon match against a local Championship side as part of our final preparations for next season and with, hopefully, more than a smattering of new signings on display should put bums on seats and that’s what it’s all about.

Id have liked to have seen a game with a few old players back, maybe once hes retired.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Id have liked to have seen a game with a few old players back, maybe once hes retired.
    Agreed, like Ted McMinn’s, which is the last comparable event I can remember. Maybe just more cost effective this way and it’s so unusual for us to have a testimonial for a current squad member. Genuinely can’t remember the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed, like Ted McMinn’s, which is the last comparable event I can remember. Maybe just more cost effective this way and it’s so unusual for us to have a testimonial for a current squad member. Genuinely can’t remember the last time.
    This may make interesting reading rA. Alan Hinton’s, on a Saturday eve mid season, was a belter and I dragged a posse of my ‘less interested’ mates away from the village disco and along to the BBG for the crack, one of which has been a season ticket holder, on and off, ever since.

Nor me. I always enjoyed the ex rams vs kilburn as,a kid with the likes of Roy mac turning out. Always nice to see old players turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    This may make interesting reading rA. Alan Hinton’s, on a Saturday eve mid season, was a belter and I dragged a posse of my ‘less interested’ mates away from the village disco and along to the BBG for the crack, one of which has been a season ticket holder, on and off, ever since.
    Wonder if that was the last genuine one in terms of player longevity. Surely Steve Powell must have had one?
    Last one I can really remember was Shaun Barker which was more as a result of long term injury than long service. Think he only got about 10,000 on a midweek evening. Sure Fozzy will do better out of a preseason friendly. Hope so.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40289957]Wonder if that was the last genuine one in terms of player longevity. Surely Steve Powell must have had one?
    Last one I can really remember was Shaun Barker which was more as a result of long term injury than long service. Think he only got about 10,000 on a midweek evening. Sure Fozzy will do better out of a preseason friendly. Hope so.

https://www.derbycountymemories.co.u...timonial-games

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40290423]
    Wonder if that was the last genuine one in terms of player longevity. Surely Steve Powell must have had one?

https://www.derbycountymemories.co.u...timonial-games
    Thanks AF...good stuff. Looks like approaching forty years since the last ‘proper’ one then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)