+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Vanity Threads

I think the weather thread appeared, probably to try and belittle the 'Too big to ignore' thread, because they have no interest in betting, and they have some weird desire to rip anything Laddo posts, to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    EP I am not supporting Laddo, just pointing out that backing odds that are too big over a period will bring you profit.
    I am fully aware of that, but the tips that laddo has posted have definitely not made a profit.

How long do they have to be followed to make that profit? Chasing losses is the road to crippling gambling debts.

Still, it’s only “a bit of fun”.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think the weather thread appeared, probably to try and belittle the 'Too big to ignore' thread, because they have no interest in betting, and they have some weird desire to rip anything Laddo posts, to bits.
    No weird desire to rip into anything Laddo posts, imo there’s a place for it on the board somewhere out the way, it was to point out that the board needs re-structuring as it’s a mess imo, so that irrelevant posts to most don’t hog the limelight. Swale said yesterday that it was near on impossible to re-structure things on the board so if that’s the case then the thread needs deleting, I don’t know if what he’s posting is crap or good, but some have a point that if it encourages someone impressionable (youngster, easily led) then it has to be questioned whether it should be here, not everyone can just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I am fully aware of that, but the tips that laddo has posted have definitely not made a profit.

How long do they have to be followed to make that profit? Chasing losses is the road to crippling gambling debts.

Still, it’s only “a bit of fun”.
    Are you talking Tricky's horse racing tips, my football and boxing/MMA tips or combined?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Where is the proof of that? There is none, because laddo refuses to be accountable.

Your continued defence of him is admirable however, you never fail to support him.
    This is an absolutely beauty.

When has NCM ever needed or required proof or actual evidence before making a big statement or giving an opinion?

Have the rules suddenly changed overnight?

What accountability should I have for simply passing on horse racing tips? Or suggesting sporting events I think are worth a bet?

Last time I checked nobody is forcing anybody to read, follow, bet on anything. If you want to ignore, then just ignore.

Don't be brainwashed folks. It's just a bit of fun , no need to be so melodramatic chap

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    And you never fail to knock him, if anyone else had started that thread nothing would have been said, as others have posted it's easy to ignore if you don't like or agree with it, I've got no interest so I avoid, simple.
    Tru dat.

It's a really simple concept that only a few fans... I mean folks still can't get to grips with.

Not interested, easy to avoid, just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    This is an absolutely beauty.

Last time I checked nobody is forcing anybody to read, follow, bet on anything. If you want to ignore, then just ignore.
    That’s the point you don’t get, you can’t vouch for everyone who sees this board, if there’s kids of an impressionable age, people who are easy led they become potential users of your info. If there was an age limit to use this board, I.e the legal age to bet then you would have more validity of your claim. Times are hard and the last thing that should be encouraged is people in those positions using the non verified information you’re giving to potentially lose more. I’m surprised at the owners / Swale, I would have thought they would have been more responsible socially for their non actions.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    That’s the point you don’t get, you can’t vouch for everyone who sees this board, if there’s kids of an impressionable age, people who are easy led they become potential users of your info. If there was an age limit to use this board, I.e the legal age to bet then you would have more validity of your claim. Times are hard and the last thing that should be encouraged is people in those positions using the non verified information you’re giving to potentially lose more. I’m surprised at the owners / Swale, I would have thought they would have been more responsible socially for their non actions.
    For what it's worth, I tried to question the value of the thread encouraging gambling a long time ago as I didn't think it appropriate either.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    For what it's worth, I tried to question the value of the thread encouraging gambling a long time ago as I didn't think it appropriate either.
    I ‘trade’ everyday on indices, I would never dream of coming on here and advise people to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ on a particular market. It’s not in my personality to encourage someone to put money on something that they could lose money that could ill afford to lose on, I don’t know everyone on here’s, mental state, financial position and more importantly age, as a board we need to be responsible as a whole for what it / we post.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    A while ago when Jacob was the editor/moderator (that's not a dig BTW) we had a dedicated O/T section. Obviously I don't know if the software has changed in the intervening years to prevent an O/T section being created. Perhaps Jacob would know.

Please note, I'm not trying to create more work for you.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast