+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phillip Schofield.

My shift pattern meant that I found myself watching the BBC interview with Schofield at 6 this morning. Given, of course, his long experience in the media you do have to question the motives behind this-is he genuinely trying to put his side of the story out there or is he trying to manipulate it? Given what has come to light so far, it is also hard to tell when/if he is lying but must say that he looks quite broken. Don't get me wrong, he has brought all this on himself and shown up to be a hypocrite who has caused a lot of hurt to family and friends. In this regard I have little sympathy for him. BUT, lets just say-and it is logically possible - that he is now being truthful-

He had an affair at work but so do lots of people . He had a relationship with a much younger person. Again, others do but I think he does have a point in that a big age difference gap in a hetero***ual relationship is mostly viewed differently than a homo***ual one-particularly male. People take the pi ss out of Leonardo DiCaprio for example but a similar difference in age in a gay relationship quickly leads many to think "grooming" or "*****phile" as opposed to a jokey " cradle snatcher". (For the record, I think any relationship with a big age gap-particularly when the younger partner is in their late ****s or early 20s is suspect at best).

Rarely agree with Piers Morgan but on this occasion I think he is right. Schofield is certainly not the squeaky clean presenter he strove to portray and it's perfectly legitimate to call out his hypocrisy in this. Like so many well paid people in positions of power I'm sure he also took advantage of this but maybe he also isn't the monster others (who seem to have their own agendas) are trying to portray him as. Unless any other evidence turns up then he has lied, hurt family and friends and acted stupidly-but not illegally. Morgan, I think is right. Unless such evidence comes to light, time to leave him alone. His actions have cost him his job, likely his career and a lot of damage and hurt to his family. He has to own this but-whilst I understand the impact of his brother's conviction on people's thinking and (more damningly ) his reported response to this-a lot of the rest of it seems like vindictiveness.

Does any of this matter? Only in as much that it serves to highlight the issues of how companies deal with allegations of toxicity and protection of employees in the work place and the long running debate on exactly which news about people in the public eye is to be deemed genuinely "in the public interest" and how far media intrusion has to go before it is deemed unacceptable. The recent documentaries on George Michael and Paula Yates should remind us of the potential consequences of this but the "Be Kind" movement seems to have been short lived. After the Savile, Harris scandals, of course full investigations are needed but, whilst I don't particularly like Schofield, he is surely still innocent until proven guilty when it comes to allegations of grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    My shift pattern meant that I found myself watching the BBC interview with Schofield at 6 this morning. Given, of course, his long experience in the media you do have to question the motives behind this-is he genuinely trying to put his side of the story out there or is he trying to manipulate it? Given what has come to light so far, it is also hard to tell when/if he is lying but must say that he looks quite broken. Don't get me wrong, he has brought all this on himself and shown up to be a hypocrite who has caused a lot of hurt to family and friends. In this regard I have little sympathy for him. BUT, lets just say-and it is logically possible - that he is now being truthful-

He had an affair at work but so do lots of people . He had a relationship with a much younger person. Again, others do but I think he does have a point in that a big age difference gap in a hetero***ual relationship is mostly viewed differently than a homo***ual one-particularly male. People take the pi ss out of Leonardo DiCaprio for example but a similar difference in age in a gay relationship quickly leads many to think "grooming" or "*****phile" as opposed to a jokey " cradle snatcher". (For the record, I think any relationship with a big age gap-particularly when the younger partner is in their late ****s or early 20s is suspect at best).

Rarely agree with Piers Morgan but on this occasion I think he is right. Schofield is certainly not the squeaky clean presenter he strove to portray and it's perfectly legitimate to call out his hypocrisy in this. Like so many well paid people in positions of power I'm sure he also took advantage of this but maybe he also isn't the monster others (who seem to have their own agendas) are trying to portray him as. Unless any other evidence turns up then he has lied, hurt family and friends and acted stupidly-but not illegally. Morgan, I think is right. Unless such evidence comes to light, time to leave him alone. His actions have cost him his job, likely his career and a lot of damage and hurt to his family. He has to own this but-whilst I understand the impact of his brother's conviction on people's thinking and (more damningly ) his reported response to this-a lot of the rest of it seems like vindictiveness.

Does any of this matter? Only in as much that it serves to highlight the issues of how companies deal with allegations of toxicity and protection of employees in the work place and the long running debate on exactly which news about people in the public eye is to be deemed genuinely "in the public interest" and how far media intrusion has to go before it is deemed unacceptable. The recent documentaries on George Michael and Paula Yates should remind us of the potential consequences of this but the "Be Kind" movement seems to have been short lived. After the Savile, Harris scandals, of course full investigations are needed but, whilst I don't particularly like Schofield, he is surely still innocent until proven guilty when it comes to allegations of grooming.
    This lad was 15 when Noncefield “became friends” with him.

I’m 61 like Noncefield, if I’d met some girl of 15 when I was gone 50, had got her a job and then started a h a h g I n g her and it had been found out, police would now be trawling my phone and computers.

Noncefield lined this kid up, he was clearly attracted from the moment he met him and made sure he rogered his bottom as soon as he could after the age of consent ( we assume! )

A loathsome little turd and a clear danger to young men.

He only came out as gay to gain sympathy and to head off this scandal a couple of years ago.

I hope police investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I’m 61 like Noncefield, if I’d met some girl of 15 when I was gone 50, had got her a job and then started a h a h g I n g her and it had been found out, police would now be trawling my phone and computers.

Noncefield lined this kid up, he was clearly attracted from the moment he met him and made sure he rogered his bottom as soon as he could after the age of consent ( we assume! )

He only came out as gay to gain sympathy and to head off this scandal a couple of years ago.

Hope they investigate too!

As I said, I think any relationship with a big age gap is suspect at best and particularly ones involving a young partner (Schofield is claiming it began when the other was 20 which makes him very late 50s).

You may very well be right and he is a nonce who then deserves everything he gets. Just saying that -with no evidence yet to say otherwise- he may be telling the truth now and however unsavoury his actions, he has done nothing illegal. But yes, totally agree that an investigation needs to happen, especially in the light of recent scandals where abuses have happened under the noses of companies like the bbc/ITV.

Schofield started following him on Twitter when he was 15 but the lad was only 10 when he met him. He is a patron of the theatre company young 'un was attending at the time.

'Noncefield' is rumoured to have acted as a 'mentor' for a number of young gay men during his time on TV. Makes me wonder how much 'mentoring' he's been doing over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Schofield started following him on Twitter when he was 15 but the lad was only 10 when he met him. He is a patron of the theatre company young 'un was attending at the time.

'Noncefield' is rumoured to have acted as a 'mentor' for a number of young gay men during his time on TV. Makes me wonder how much 'mentoring' he's been doing over the years.
    Exactly 68!

If you or I started “following” and “mentoring” a 15 year old girl who we ended up banging the a r s e off we’d end up in prison.

From the moment he came out as gay I thought the whole thing stunk, he was just starting to receive some bad press and I thought at best it was a stunt on his behalf, I believed that he’d worked out that if he played the “gay” card the media would back off and not follow up on some of the stories doing the rounds about his attitude and behaviour.

I now think it was both for the above reason and because he’d been indulging in risky behaviour he played the “gay” and “martyr” card at the same time.

It’s backfired spectacularly and there’s something quite delicious about seeing such a two faced liar and smug alleged groomer as Noncefield losing it all.

Something controversial I know but I have always felt that homo***uals have relationships with under age boys more so than hetero***uals with under age girls.
    Hetero***uals haven't caused any public toilets to be closed by loitering in them as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Something controversial I know but I have always felt that homo***uals have relationships with under age boys more so than hetero***uals with under age girls.
    Hetero***uals haven't caused any public toilets to be closed by loitering in them as far as I know.
    Can you imagine hetero s e x u a l men hanging around female toilets! 🤣🤣🤣

I once walked into a ladies loo in Chasetown and there was a lady sat on a loo with no door on the cubicle!

Sat there with her legs open, she looked up in shock and saw me and then she apologised to me for some strange reason! 🫣🤔🤣

Can you imagine hetero s e x u a l men hanging around female toilets! ������

I once walked into a ladies loo in Chasetown and there was a lady sat on a loo with no door on the cubicle!

Sat there with her legs open, she looked up in shock and saw me and then she apologised to me for some strange reason! ������
    Further explanation required I think.

As my old man says, men on the internet are like old apple women of days gone bye.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)