+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Kilcline article in The Daily Mail

Brian Kilcline article in The Daily Mail

Given the politics that appear on this board I know many won't have seen it. There is a nice piece on Killer in The Mail today for those who are interested

'Killer' was born on his first afternoon at County. 'I'd cleaned out four trialists and got the nickname. But manager Jimmy Sirrel wasn't happy. He later said to the press, "We've got to change it, any suggestions?" The best that came back was "Curly Wurly", because of my hair. Curly f***ing Wurly? I wasn't having that.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ique-life.html

Good read.

He always was a quirky soul who liked a pint - him and Harkouk were quite the drinking team back in the day. Definitely one of the wildest characters my old school ever produced, for sure.

Love it, he's a great character. I remember having a few beers with him on the beach in Kavos in the summer after the Coventry FA cup win. He was great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    He always was a quirky soul who liked a pint - him and Harkouk were quite the drinking team back in the day. Definitely one of the wildest characters my old school ever produced, for sure.
    and Pedro too. Weren't Killer and his bros at Christ the king?

I'm too young to know him as a player, he looks like a right scruffy tramp

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    and Pedro too. Weren't Killer and his bros at Christ the king?
    They were indeed.

Didn't Killer head in a winner at home to Arsenal?

That's what Notts fans were used to in those days, routine wins against the likes of Arsenal

That win against Arsenal was hardly routine they pummeled us for 89 mins and we scored two in the last couple of minutes to win ( Borehamwood style) everyone stood below the main stand just laughing we just couldn't believe it. Killers goal being the winner. Until Borehamwood that was the comebacks of all comebacks for me. Them days you're spot on Luton have done it Notts can too 😃

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast