+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Millers friendly you have been to?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Mainz? Or was that at NYS?
    I think it must have been a regular League 2 game that they got given free tickets to. I seem to remember them coming from Sheffield whose twin city is Bochum so probably VfL Bochum fans. They were the loudest fans in the stadium that day.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Salford away was good last year.
    There were some Bohemians fans there to see their idol and our idol Georgie. Team tops sponsored by Fontaines DC so couldn’t miss them really.
    The music prior to KO and at half time was some of the best I’ve heard too.
    Sunny evening in a leafy suburb of Manchester and a new ground
    £7.50 for a can of warm cider wasn’t so good
    The match? Dreadful but we equalised with the last kick ….header ….of the game so just about ok
    I was there in that particular Bohs shirt and had number 12 on it in honour of Georgie.

I got talking to an Irish lad on the bus back into Manchester because of that shirt.
    He lived over here but went anywhere to see teams with Irish players in where he could.
    I had a right good chat with him.

(I subsequently went to see fontaines d.c as well in Manchester, gig of the year.)

First sight of Peter Kioso and I was hoping to see much more of him, really liked the look of him.
    And yes the music at the game was very good.

Funnily enough as regards the beer, I recall the card machines not working and had hardly any cash, so didn't have many at my first away.
    The last away at Wigan I had to cancel my card the day before so took plenty of cash. Bloody card only so didn't have many there either 😆

I await the announcement.

Rotherham to host premier league stars in pre season friendly.

Don’t be Luton
    Don’t be Luton
    Don’t be Luton.

Luton Town will bring their reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Yeah good shout. Good supporters.
    An 18 year old Callum Patterson played for them.

First friendly I remember was against a full West Brom team in 1968. They'd just won the cup so I knew their names. Lost 0-4. Jeff Astle got a few as I remember.

Can't temember much about the game, but seeing Mark Robins (first?) game for us at Worthing about 1998

At Millmoor against inter Bratislava, got ‘they think it’s all over’ Kenneth Wolstenholmes autograph.

Burton I think it was when new ground opened can't remember a thing about the game just remember Tony Stewart mingling with fans under SW stand where I was. Don Valley served a purpose but it was good to be back home in Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Burton I think it was when new ground opened can't remember a thing about the game just remember Tony Stewart mingling with fans under SW stand where I was. Don Valley served a purpose but it was good to be back home in Rotherham.
    Barnsley was the friendly and first ever game at NYS.
    Burton was the first league game.

Every game to me is a friendly its a few idiots in every teams supporters that are not and that includes us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast