+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And………they’re off

And………they’re off

Anyone else on their way? i got the 1131 train to Manchester where I found that my connection to Bristol had been cancelled. I had to get a packed Oxford train and change at Birmingham New Street, which I hate, and am now on another heading for the pearl of the south-west. Only half an hour late but it’s a faff and have I told you about my knee?

More to the point, anyone else under the cosh of the rail network? And will it get worse tomorrow?

I endured a bus to Rochdale (£2), a 15 walk (uphill) to the train station last Monday…
    Went this way:
    Rochdale > Leeds
    Leeds > Sheffield

Trains were £12.89, half hour longer but best part of £20 cheaper than going via Manchester & would have had to get a tram from Victoria > Piccadilly so probably not much in it time wise… found Northern Rail excellent… trains were on time, clean & plenty of comfy seats… was delayed arrival though by 10 mins as my daughters train from Huddersfield was late & we had to slow down after Barnsley for a while..😀

I resisted demands to come home via A&E 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post

More to the point, anyone else under the cosh of the rail network? And will it get worse tomorrow?
    British Rail or whatever it's called now was good enough to go on strike when Notts played at Wembley so we didn't have to bother with such shenanigans

You going down by yetsen griff?

*yersen griff

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    *yersen griff
    Yeah I did Chalky. Three of us off up to Wemberlee from Bath Spa station.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)