+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luton Town FC

Luton Town FC

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65654937

So they've won on penalties. 6-5.

Gonna be interesting to see if they manage to get more points that Derby (11) or the Mackems (15).

We should start a Sweep Stake on how many points they are gonna win.

Also wonder where they are gonna play their matches?

Will they get their own stadium up to EPL standard? Will they be playing at Watford? Or will they ground share with the MK Dons?

It's gonna be interesting. For the travelling fans Watford would be a lot easier off the train but either way gonna be interesting to see what happens.

No doubt they'll be taking a proper good thrashing by Eddie Howe's high flying Magz!

I'm really pleased for them.

They'll play at home - no chance they'll turn down that advantage.

100% it'll be all sorted and up to standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I'm really pleased for them.

They'll play at home - no chance they'll turn down that advantage.

100% it'll be all sorted and up to standard.
    It'll be an interesting addition to the away day circuit that for sure.

I've been to some crappy old stadiums - Filbert Street, the Dell, Roots Hall and Kenilworth Rd in '94 when we got beat 2-0 in the cup.

Yet another masterful cup performance from the toon! lol, not!

Mike Hooper Goalkeeper
    Barry Venison Defender
    Steve Watson Defender
    Steve Howey Defender/Centre back
    Robbie Elliott Defender/Midfielder
    John Beresford Defender/Left back
    Lee Clark Midfielder
    Rob Lee Midfielder
    Scott Sellars Midfielder
    Peter Beardsley Forward
    Andrew Cole Forward

how did this team lose 2-0. Mental!

Teams like Brentford and Brighton shoud be their model.

I think it's fantastic that a small club like Luton have made it. And I don't mean it in a patronising way-I'm sure they would look on their stature compared to their achievement as a badge of honour.

History, etc, is important, obviously, in terms of teams that give our league its 'clout', but tLuton have earned their right to be in the Prem and play alongside those teams.I hope they do a Forest.

One of the best games I ever saw at St James’ was against them. They were league leaders and on a long unbeaten run.
    We went 2-0 up only to be pegged back with a few minutes left. We went up the other end and Imre Varadi made it 3-2 with the last kick of the game. I was in the corner (standing then) - absolutely mental scenes.

It’s mad, I had no idea they were so close to the premier league I thought they were way down the divisions. They should take the money from the premier league go back down to the championship and invest it wisely it could transform their club. If the start spending stupid money on players and wages trying to stay up on their first go could end in tears in the long run.

But this is a great thing for English football, all the other clubs Throughout the divisions feel like it’s really possible to get to the Premier League now. If Luton can do it why can’t Gateshead?

They were playing the mackems 3 years ago in league one and were promoted from that league only a season before the mackems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65654937

So they've won on penalties. 6-5.

Gonna be interesting to see if they manage to get more points that Derby (11) or the Mackems (15).

We should start a Sweep Stake on how many points they are gonna win.

Also wonder where they are gonna play their matches?

Will they get their own stadium up to EPL standard? Will they be playing at Watford? Or will they ground share with the MK Dons?

It's gonna be interesting. For the travelling fans Watford would be a lot easier off the train but either way gonna be interesting to see what happens.

No doubt they'll be taking a proper good thrashing by Eddie Howe's high flying Magz!
    I couldn't see them using the Watford Stadium. There's been too much hatred between those two clubs in the past.

It would be the equivalent of the Muckums playing at St James' Park or even worse still us having to camp at the Stad du Crap

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)