+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Salaries

Salaries

I wasn't looking for it but I came across this website with a list of salaries for 2023. https://salarysport.com/football/sky...ewe-alexandra/
    Some of the figures seem unbelievable: especially what Leshabela was on (though the Alex were probably sharing that with his parent club) but what blew my mind was Offord's income which was barely above BSDs and pretty low, I thought, for a professional footballer (short career and all that!). Surely the figures can't be right for him. Are these figures + various bonus payments? I'm sure someone out there has more insider knowledge than I have. If people are interested, you can look at the link above but I don't want to discuss specific figures on this site, just general comments.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I wasn't looking for it but I came across this website with a list of salaries for 2023. https://salarysport.com/football/sky...ewe-alexandra/
    Some of the figures seem unbelievable: especially what Leshabela was on (though the Alex were probably sharing that with his parent club) but what blew my mind was Offord's income which was barely above BSDs and pretty low, I thought, for a professional footballer (short career and all that!). Surely the figures can't be right for him. Are these figures + various bonus payments? I'm sure someone out there has more insider knowledge than I have. If people are interested, you can look at the link above but I don't want to discuss specific figures on this site, just general comments.
    Fair enough not to discuss individuals and their salary on here but if that list is anywhere near true it beggars belief. It goes to show, as I say, if true we have some very poorly paid footballers on our books. This could be where the club might view the Academy as paying its way.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Salaries of footballers is a huge interest for me as it seems like a secret society although we get to hear or read of PL footballer money, we rarely get to know about the lower downs or even the National league where some players leave their league clubs to join them. I would like to know the salary structure here at CAFC including all non footballers, ie managers and coaches and then we can see where the money goes when they talk about this subject at this time of year. They talk about us being one of the lowest wages stuff and so why doesn't someone tell us? I suspect that the players all know what each other gets and what they get at other clubs but nobody's saying anything. ie apart from such websites that claim to know but even then clubs are not commenting and so why not? Players here could be on very good wages or very poor wages but we don't know. Dario was very good at revealing things now and then and his wages were known for a time including transfer revenue coming in but that seems a long time ago now. Does he still go to games here on a Sat?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 27-05-2023 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Salaries of footballers is a huge interest for me as it seems like a secret society although we get to hear or read of PL footballer money, we rarely get to know about the lower downs or even the National league where some players leave their league clubs to join them. I would like to know the salary structure here at CAFC including all non footballers, ie managers and coaches and then we can see where the money goes when they talk about this subject at this time of year. They talk about us being one of the lowest wages stuff and so why doesn't someone tell us? I suspect that the players all know what each other gets and what they get at other clubs but nobody's saying anything. ie apart from such websites that claim to know but even then clubs are not commenting and so why not? Players here could be on very good wages or very poor wages but we don't know. Dario was very good at revealing things now and then and his wages were known for a time including transfer revenue coming in but that seems a long time ago now. Does he still go to games here on a Sat?
    He does.
    Would treat those figures with a small pinch of salt.
    Personally I think Thomas, Aygei, Ainley, Long and Colcket are about right. The rest I’m not too sure.
    And, nice to have a post from Mike with no mention of the academy, coaching, his wonderful achievements in life and sport, or the sainted JG.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 27-05-2023 at 10:38 PM.

That site is widely ridiculed throughout the whole range of football forums. The information they contain is never made available by any club, agent or player. It is purely guesswork by the writers, and with all guesses, some will be close and others will be miles out. Don't believe a word of any of it.