+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 114 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I was strongly against that at the time. We all see it differently of course but those 5 defeats were hardly inspiring. A bad craftsman always blames his tools.
    Aye, tools like Harkes Birighitti Levitt and Mulgrew.....other tools also available 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Aye, tools like Harkes Birighitti Levitt and Mulgrew.....other tools also available ��
    It's like I said already, if he gets credit for inspiring the team to 3 straight wins why wasn't he able to continue picking up points? His job is to get the best out of what he has, many managers have done the same with poor squads before. As I've said, I remain to be convinced but of course I hope to be wrong.

Goodwin has one hell of a job on his hands....he has to get rid of a load of players, bring in some decent signings, hope that the fringe players can break through in the championship, get them playing as a team and have a balanced squad. All this with limited resources! I think he is going to at least need the this window and the January window to get it right...it is going to be a big ask and the fans are going to have to realise the size of the task ahead. One thing for sure is that we can't afford to be changing manager again this season! I just pray that it clicks from the opening game and we get off to a decent start. We can't afford to be playing catch up at anytime. It's going to be another rollercoaster of a season....but lets not dress this up...being in the Championship is p1sh...so we are going to have to do everything that we can do as fans to try and get us out this sh1thole!

Blames his tools 😂😂😂 , so you think that collection of half wits were good enough to stay up ???? **** me , a goalie who made even routine saves look difficult, a defence with a mistake in it every game , no dig in midfield and a central striker given no service or support , yup Goodwin should have done better 😂😂😂😂 . I give up

Absolutely spot on Weegie , asking for trouble changing manager every season , we have seen where that leads

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Blames his tools ������ , so you think that collection of half wits were good enough to stay up ???? **** me , a goalie who made even routine saves look difficult, a defence with a mistake in it every game , no dig in midfield and a central striker given no service or support , yup Goodwin should have done better �������� . I give up
    Surely the point is though, Goodwin managed to get those tools playing. 3 wins, 2 draw and 2 defeats. The defeats vs Aberdeen (where we were actually very good) and then the Huns. We were safe from relegation. We then fell of the edge of a cliff with 5 defeats in a row. That, along with his spectacular collapse at the SSB's (which has since followed by a complete rookie taking them to 3rd and European football) has a few alarm bells ringing. Yes, the players were fraudulent c*nts throughout the season, but the fact he had us safe, then relegated us, is slightly concerning. I've seen us in pre-season, and while admittedly it's very early days, I came away thinking 'f*ck me, not another season of this sh*te'. Not writing him off by any means, but certainly not as positive as i'd like to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Blames his tools 😂😂😂 , so you think that collection of half wits were good enough to stay up ???? **** me , a goalie who made even routine saves look difficult, a defence with a mistake in it every game , no dig in midfield and a central striker given no service or support , yup Goodwin should have done better 😂😂😂😂 . I give up
    Give up then

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Surely the point is though, Goodwin managed to get those tools playing. 3 wins, 2 draw and 2 defeats. The defeats vs Aberdeen (where we were actually very good) and then the Huns. We were safe from relegation. We then fell of the edge of a cliff with 5 defeats in a row. That, along with his spectacular collapse at the SSB's (which has since followed by a complete rookie taking them to 3rd and European football) has a few alarm bells ringing. Yes, the players were fraudulent c*nts throughout the season, but the fact he had us safe, then relegated us, is slightly concerning. I've seen us in pre-season, and while admittedly it's very early days, I came away thinking 'f*ck me, not another season of this sh*te'. Not writing him off by any means, but certainly not as positive as i'd like to be.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Goodwin has one hell of a job on his hands....he has to get rid of a load of players, bring in some decent signings, hope that the fringe players can break through in the championship, get them playing as a team and have a balanced squad. All this with limited resources! I think he is going to at least need the this window and the January window to get it right...it is going to be a big ask and the fans are going to have to realise the size of the task ahead. One thing for sure is that we can't afford to be changing manager again this season! I just pray that it clicks from the opening game and we get off to a decent start. We can't afford to be playing catch up at anytime. It's going to be another rollercoaster of a season....but lets not dress this up...being in the Championship is p1sh...so we are going to have to do everything that we can do as fans to try and get us out this sh1thole!
    It's for these exact reasons I don't think we've got much chance of topping the table this season. Far too much change in such a short period. Last time we were in the Championship this very thing did for us for years. It wasn't until we had little summer change that we eventually got promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not writing him off by any means, but certainly not as positive as i'd like to be.
    I think a lot of Arabs are in this place too. He really needs to get off to a good start or, rightly or wrongly, there could be unrest pretty quickly. ☹️

Page 114 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)