+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Which begs the question WTF is happening when goalkeepers come to United.

Eriksson has been at Nordsjælland since January, a team that finished the season runners up to Copenhagen in the Danish top league. They have obviously 1. seen enough to make the move permanent 2. Pay a fee for him.
    Birighitti was named Goalkeeper of the year 2 years on the trot in the A league before coming to United.

Surely the goalkeeping coach situation needs to be looked at. The season before only Dundee conceded more league goals than Motherwell. Just saying like.
    TBH I never thought he was a bad as others did. He was clearly significantly better than Birghitti at shot stopping and couldn't believe it when we chose to let him go. Distribution was pretty bad/slow and some other issues but we wouldnt have been relegated if we kept him and binned the other. That being said, he also wasnt good enough and him leaving is for the best as we go for someone better

As far as I am concerned, that’s the cash released to get in a new number one and cover the airfare for Poppadom. He can go all the way back in phucking economy with no stopover as well. Tw@t

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    As far as I am concerned, that’s the cash released to get in a new number one and cover the airfare for Poppadom. He can go all the way back in phucking economy with no stopover as well. Tw@t
    This

I remember we signed a Dutch goalie for a small fee who would go on and make history with us. Our manager went over and watched him with his own eyes and made the decision to pay a transfer fee for him. Another player was a German centre-half who didn't have a long career with us because of a bad injury was Jochen Muller. Paid a relatively small fee but McLean was building a balanced squad with strength and depth being the main thing. He felt sure that given his coaching ability, he could bring more out of these players. These days when I see signings for United I just see them stagnating or going backwards. Coaching is meh these days. United starting matches are awful and they are clueless about what to do during the remainder of them imo.

Is the goalie coach still on the payroll? We need a goalie coach in the mould of Stevie Banks who can be a solid number 2 as well. That being we have rectified the baffling mistake of having an Aussie number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    I remember we signed a Dutch goalie for a small fee who would go on and make history with us. Our manager went over and watched him with his own eyes and made the decision to pay a transfer fee for him. Another player was a German centre-half who didn't have a long career with us because of a bad injury was Jochen Muller. Paid a relatively small fee but McLean was building a balanced squad with strength and depth being the main thing. He felt sure that given his coaching ability, he could bring more out of these players. These days when I see signings for United I just see them stagnating or going backwards. Coaching is meh these days. United starting matches are awful and they are clueless about what to do during the remainder of them imo.

Is the goalie coach still on the payroll? We need a goalie coach in the mould of Stevie Banks who can be a solid number 2 as well. That being we have rectified the baffling mistake of having an Aussie number 1.
    I think going back to our last decent goalkeeping coach would be enough, but will Alexander come back? Maybe Clangers could be persuaded to team up with Goodwin again.

Maybe that is the difference in that Alexander is driven to constantly improve what he is working with and the current holder of the post is happy just to take his pay home?

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Which begs the question WTF is happening when goalkeepers come to United.

Eriksson has been at Nordsjælland since January, a team that finished the season runners up to Copenhagen in the Danish top league. They have obviously 1. seen enough to make the move permanent 2. Pay a fee for him.
    Birighitti was named Goalkeeper of the year 2 years on the trot in the A league before coming to United.

Surely the goalkeeping coach situation needs to be looked at. The season before only Dundee conceded more league goals than Motherwell. Just saying like.
    Been screaming for them to sack Hinchcliffe all f*cking season mate. Useless b*stard has 2 Dundee United relegations on his CV now ffs!

Go and get Michael McGovern. Player/coach. Sorted!

I seriously hope Newmans contract renewal is a one for the future category because he is miles away from 1st team ready, even at championship level.

We could do with a new signing soon. To give the fans a wee boost if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Been screaming for them to sack Hinchcliffe all f*cking season mate. Useless b*stard has 2 Dundee United relegations on his CV now ffs!
    I understand why there is a dislike for Hinchcliffe given his circumstances at the club. But, phuckme, he's had some utter ****e to work with. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I understand why there is a dislike for Hinchcliffe given his circumstances at the club. But, phuckme, he's had some utter ****e to work with. ☹️
    It can't just be that Terry, if he can't coach even the basics into someone who purports to be a f*cking goalie already then what the actual f*ck are we paying him to do? 2 f*cking relegations he's been here for now, I'm sorry but he should never ever ever have been brought back. Might be a lovely guy, I've no idea, but he's f*cking hopeless at his job. Get him to ****, although tbh the damage is already done.

Page 29 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)