+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 187 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Dunno like. They do some awesome International shirts. Stock is in this week, so we should see it soon.
    I see on FB instead of apologising for the utter SHYTE served up this season they're still trying to sell me underpants and all sorts of other stuff.
    #pants

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Bullet points from the Fed’s meeting with MO -

“We were represented at a Dundee United Supporters Group meeting last night when Mark Ogren was present and the following was made clear:
    • The club is in reset mode and the company is being analysed from top to bottom.
    • The club’s academy is to retain its elite status.
    • The club is to continue to invest in Tannadice / Gussie.
    • The club will NOT be cut to the bone despite having to deal with a significant financial loss.
    • The club want a structure to remain in place for when we return to the Scottish premiership.
    • The club need to reset and rebuild as a financially stable club, and our support will be massive and required in great numbers.
    • Just over 3 weeks until the players return for pre-season.
    • The club are looking to build a new recruitment team up over time
    • It’s likely upwards of 4 players the Manager has personal knowledge of will arrive
    • It is anticipated the playing staff will reduce to about 35 from the current 45 players.
    • The club have 4 pre-seasons games arranged so far, all within Scotland.
    • Tony Asghar left the club in March and has had no involvement with DUFC since.
    • From 1 July Revolution Sport , which includes Tony Asghar and Derek Bond, will have no connection in any capacity with DUFC.
    • The senior management team and Board of Directors will remain as they were at the end of the season apart from a new finance director, details to be announced later.
    • The chairman is anticipating having to reinvest in the club again
    • No plans for a sporting director.
    • The academy has only been going since 2019 so still needs time to see its graduates in the first team and also age related Scotland squads.
    • The rebuild will take 12-18 month in terms of Jim Goodwin getting his players in, and others leaving due to contracts that are in place for the next 12/18 month.
    • Both QuinnBet & Macron will not be sponsors next season. The strip launch this year will be much earlier than it was last season.
    • The club have a new partnership for kit supplier, which will be the biggest in the club’s history. The kit is produced in Europe not China as it currently is so hopefully the problems this has given will be lessened.
    • The club will be keeping St. Andrews as our training base.
    • The club are still debating their stance on the proposed B team & conference league situation in Scottish football. No decision has been made; however, they are aware of the general feeling around the situation.”
    Was interested to read this from your report James
    "The club are looking to build a new recruitment team up over time"
    Does this mean the people employed under Asghar have gone? (Given that recruitment has been handed to JG?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Was interested to read this from your report James
    "The club are looking to build a new recruitment team up over time"
    Does this mean the people employed under Asghar have gone? (Given that recruitment has been handed to JG?)
    Not sure about the 'people' but 'Recruitment Co-Ordinator' Sean McGhee hasn't been seen since Asghar bailed. He was Asghar's right hand man. Massively under qualified for the role in which he was tasked with. Tony's mate though. Jobsfortheboys FC.

Was he not the Oasis manager ? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Bullet points from the Fed’s meeting with MO -

“We were represented at a Dundee United Supporters Group meeting last night when Mark Ogren was present and the following was made clear:
    • The club is in reset mode and the company is being analysed from top to bottom.
    • The club’s academy is to retain its elite status.
    • The club is to continue to invest in Tannadice / Gussie.
    • The club will NOT be cut to the bone despite having to deal with a significant financial loss.
    • The club want a structure to remain in place for when we return to the Scottish premiership.
    • The club need to reset and rebuild as a financially stable club, and our support will be massive and required in great numbers.
    • Just over 3 weeks until the players return for pre-season.
    • The club are looking to build a new recruitment team up over time
    • It’s likely upwards of 4 players the Manager has personal knowledge of will arrive
    • It is anticipated the playing staff will reduce to about 35 from the current 45 players.
    • The club have 4 pre-seasons games arranged so far, all within Scotland.
    • Tony Asghar left the club in March and has had no involvement with DUFC since.
    • From 1 July Revolution Sport , which includes Tony Asghar and Derek Bond, will have no connection in any capacity with DUFC.
    • The senior management team and Board of Directors will remain as they were at the end of the season apart from a new finance director, details to be announced later.
    • The chairman is anticipating having to reinvest in the club again
    • No plans for a sporting director.
    • The academy has only been going since 2019 so still needs time to see its graduates in the first team and also age related Scotland squads.
    • The rebuild will take 12-18 month in terms of Jim Goodwin getting his players in, and others leaving due to contracts that are in place for the next 12/18 month.
    • Both QuinnBet & Macron will not be sponsors next season. The strip launch this year will be much earlier than it was last season.
    • The club have a new partnership for kit supplier, which will be the biggest in the club’s history. The kit is produced in Europe not China as it currently is so hopefully the problems this has given will be lessened.
    • The club will be keeping St. Andrews as our training base.
    • The club are still debating their stance on the proposed B team & conference league situation in Scottish football. No decision has been made; however, they are aware of the general feeling around the situation.”
    Thanks for that James 👍

On the whole fairly positive. Happy with the way they are pushing forward with the rebuild which includes no sporting director. This suggests to me that JG will have full control over recruitment.

Good to hear upwards of 4 players coming in along with 4 pre season games. These games along with the diddy cup games should ensure that the players are more than ready to go at the start of the new season.

We are where we are, but the bullet points suggest that not only is MO still fully committed to the club. He also prepared to reinvest and judging by what has been written is possibly learn learning from his mistakes.

clubs like us will always be hit and miss with recruitment. Building a new recruitment team will likely yield similar results in the long term so im not overly fussed by the thought of it.

Im more concerned about our inability to react when we got it wrong, and that for me lands at the owners feet. He himself needs to look at how he handled the whole situation as he didnt listen and is now much worse off because of it

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    clubs like us will always be hit and miss with recruitment. Building a new recruitment team will likely yield similar results in the long term so im not overly fussed by the thought of it.

Im more concerned about our inability to react when we got it wrong, and that for me lands at the owners feet. He himself needs to look at how he handled the whole situation as he didnt listen and is now much worse off because of it
    I'm a wee bit concerned about the 'recruitment team' comment.

If that means scouts working on the brief of the manager seeking to build his team then I am all for it. But if it involves any removal of control from the manager then I'm dead against it.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post

If that means scouts working on the brief of the manager seeking to build his team then I am all for it. But if it involves any removal of control from the manager then I'm dead against it.
    In an ideal world it should be consensual. "I'm looking for a hard no compromising CDM, no one on my radar, can you see who's available and at what cost to the budget?"
    Recruitment person should then look for/offer up options for JG to agree follow up or decline.

Agree btw. And forgot to mention we need to go back to scouting and personal due diligence before signing anyone including the tea lady.

Well he can't do everything himself so will need a team, Jim will be central to building that team in my opinion. The Asghar gone part is the key really.

Page 18 of 187 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)