+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 120 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

This is going to be one very very ugly season between the fans and the club. We have fans expecting us to go up this season when that's never going to happen and from these early games will already be on the backs of the players. This is a minimum 2 year stint in the championship, anyone thinking its one needs to take of the tinted glasses

We have an utterly clueless owner, a manager whose only attribute is his ability to call out his own players and lose the dressing room, and a squad that is up there with the worst ever assembled by this club. Even bringing in a new manager wouldn't help with that squad now. Looking at that match-day squad yesterday was absolutely painful.

This club is in an absolute mess, a self-inflicted mess that most saw coming which is even worse as it means those who did feel very aggrieved. I feel for those who have a season ticket because I think you are about to witness a pretty nasty atmosphere for some time and a squad of players who will hide with it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    This is going to be one very very ugly season between the fans and the club. We have fans expecting us to go up this season when that's never going to happen and from these early games will already be on the backs of the players. This is a minimum 2 year stint in the championship, anyone thinking its one needs to take of the tinted glasses

We have an utterly clueless owner, a manager whose only attribute is his ability to call out his own players and lose the dressing room, and a squad that is up there with the worst ever assembled by this club. Even bringing in a new manager wouldn't help with that squad now. Looking at that match-day squad yesterday was absolutely painful.

This club is in an absolute mess, a self-inflicted mess that most saw coming which is even worse as it means those who did feel very aggrieved. I feel for those who have a season ticket because I think you are about to witness a pretty nasty atmosphere for some time and a squad of players who will hide with it.
    We have an owner that's clearly not going to spend anymore money despite the b*llocks he came out with to the supporters groups. We have a manager who is absolutely deluded and blames everyone other than himself, an example being Mortons player of the year rb being played out of position when it's clear our fullbacks are f*cking shyte.

We struggled to break Spartans down once they scored and sat in yesterday. JG mentioned previously that teams will do this against us so was fully aware. So why in gods name have we not been preparing for this?

I’m not one shouting for JG head. He is having to deal with a lot both on the pitch and behind the scenes. As someone mentioned I think this too is too much for one man.

My biggest concern is the quality of player being brought in so far. If we learned anything yesterday is that the quality of any players coming in needs to be higher. However unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. If we are currently looking at 3 strikers. I can only assume the quality will be on par with what’s already been brought in. Hope I’m wrong with this.

The fans(especially the 5100 season ticket holders) deserve the truth about the playing budget. No more b*llocks let's hear how it's going to be, then at least we can accept that Jim has his hands tied in that regard. Having said that, we should still have a squad capable of beating the f*cking Spartans and yesterday was just another humiliation that this fan base doesn't deserve. Take some ownership Jim and sort this sh*t out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    We struggled to break Spartans down once they scored and sat in yesterday. JG mentioned previously that teams will do this against us so was fully aware. So why in gods name have we not been preparing for this?

I’m not one shouting for JG head. He is having to deal with a lot both on the pitch and behind the scenes. As someone mentioned I think this too is too much for one man.

My biggest concern is the quality of player being brought in so far. If we learned anything yesterday is that the quality of any players coming in needs to be higher. However unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. If we are currently looking at 3 strikers. I can only assume the quality will be on par with what’s already been brought in. Hope I’m wrong with this.
    We don't have any strikers of note, of course we are going to struggle to break teams down. Being reliant on Tony Watt, phuckme. 😢

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    The fans(especially the 5100 season ticket holders) deserve the truth about the playing budget. No more b*llocks let's hear how it's going to be, then at least we can accept that Jim has his hands tied in that regard. Having said that, we should still have a squad capable of beating the f*cking Spartans and yesterday was just another humiliation that this fan base doesn't deserve. Take some ownership Jim and sort this sh*t out.
    Probably still the biggest in the league. I'm going to wager it's miles bigger than Spartans...

Find the £12M bid very hard to believe tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    If he genuinely knocked back a 12 million quid offer then we are in the hands of an absolute moron.
    Agree but if, and it is a big if, anyone offered £12m then they are as daft as Ogren.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Find the £12M bid very hard to believe tbh.
    Maybe it was an offer mirroring one of these modern day transfers with the add ons.

£1,000,000 up front,

£1,000,000 when we qualify from a league cup group.

£1,000,000 when the Crisp wins SPFL player of the month.

£1,000,000 when Tony Watt completes 90 minutes without a dive.

£1,000,000 when Tony Watt scores a penalty.

£3,000,000 for a Cup Final win.

£4,000,000 when a new League Flag flies above Tannadice.

I wouldnt want someone in charge thats willing to pay 12 million because that would mean we have another nutjob in charge with no business sense

Page 120 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)