+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 187 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    If it is joe Lewis I hope it’s a 1 yr deal think he’s about 35yr old.
    35 isn't really that old for a keeper

Especially when some folk were upset about losing a 36 year old striker

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    If it is joe Lewis I hope it’s a 1 yr deal think he’s about 35yr old.

Doesn't sound like a player in talks

Joe Lewis considers retirement after Aberdeen exit but veteran keeper tells club 'I won't be a stranger'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...after-30416999

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post

Joe Lewis considers retirement after Aberdeen exit but veteran keeper tells club 'I won't be a stranger'

The finn away, thank **** he was pish

Dinnae get my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post

I don’t think he’s ‘retiring’, why would he just rip up a contract likely worth approx 200k for his last year unless he’s got something else lined up? It doesn’t make sense. At a minimum I’m sure his missus would go tonto at that idea…..

However, given his recent history with JG, I highly doubt any move is to United.

Does anyone know for sure why Carson didn't hang around last time? Signed to be No.1 replacing the departing Benji and out the door just months later.

we f ucked him about, mind benji was injured and carson was playing and he was good, then benji was undecided on his contract, well carson left and we let it happen even though we all knew benji was leaving

dare say this was TA masterplan though, get rid of carson and bring in the two worst international keepers we've ever had

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    The finn away, thank **** he was pish
    Are we talking about the keeper we apparently got a fee for, or Niskanen that tries hard but really isnt up to much?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Are we talking about the keeper we apparently got a fee for, or Niskanen that tries hard but really isnt up to much?
    Niskanen. There's an offer on the table for him from another club. He isn't away yet however.

Looks like Tony Watt is very much part of JG plans this season.

"When you think back to the last time Dundee United got out of this division with Shankland up front, that’s what we are looking for from Tony. Yes, they are different players and have different strengths. But for me to have a player of Tony’s quality – with the level he’s performed at – available in the Championship makes me a lucky manager.

With the players we have in the team and the chances we’ll create, Tony should score goals."

Page 93 of 187 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)