+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Maybe not but he'll probably play every week.
    And they might also play him in his and international boss mans preferred position, whatever it may be.

FWIW I always thought he looked decent on the left wing but for whatever reason we then preceded to play him all over the place and not at all so you can't really blame him for looking guff / confused at times.

Can't fault his work rate, enthusiasm, passion, fitness, fight, attitude . . . actually think if he played in this league he would be as effective as McMann is now but guess we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    I wish him well also. Liked his attitude and if only his finishing had been a bit better. Hard worker and certainly no hiding on the pitch, unlike some of his team mates in that side.

Arabest to him.
    Very professional and never heard any mumping from him even though game time was limited. Best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Hopefully with him , Mulgrew and Behich gone another player or two can be added , we are still a bit light for me
    You'd like to think so, but who knows what's going on. One week we're being told we stand to lose £3M due to relegation and could we donate our rebates back to the club. The next we're paying a fee for Declan Gallagher.

JG in paper saying that the behich sale has made it possible to bring in another player. That player would have to add quality to to the squad though because he doesn’t want a big squad where it can become difficult to keep players happy.

Worked hard, end product was lacking...if he can add foals to his game then I think he could have a good career. Unfortunately we don't have the time or money to try and develop him further.

"if he can add foals to his game"

you calling him a cart horse?

bless my wee fat fingers! Obviously meant goals....it's neigh wonder that he is moving on!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    JG in paper saying that the behich sale has made it possible to bring in another player. That player would have to add quality to to the squad though because he doesn’t want a big squad where it can become difficult to keep players happy.
    Defo still sort , need a creative type midfielder, sorry but Glass ain’t the answer , having said that , we have needed that for about 3 years now

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    bless my wee fat fingers! Obviously meant goals....it's neigh wonder that he is moving on!
    No doubt he has a bit of a long face about it.

Fletcher on United (interview on Open Goal)

Asked if last season's relegation 'scunnered' him, he replied: "A wee bit. I think it's why I still haven't gone in anywhere yet because like I say, I have had offers.

"Do you know what killed us? That wee break we had. We went three on the bounce and then we had that break.

"We had momentum and it was almost like everyone that didn't have momentum got that chance to reset whereas we were choking on a game."

Jim Goodwin took over at Tannadice on an interim basis towards the end of last season and was tasked with saving them - but despite failing in that mission the club showed faith and kept him on.

Fletcher loved working under the Irishman and insists he'd have been open to staying on in the Championship if it wasn't for the travelling involved to get to Dundee.

He added: "Jim's a great guy. I loved my time there, really enjoyed it. Boys were great, staff were great.

"There was just a lot of factors for me not to stay. The Championship wasn't a massive factor, I'd have went and played there but only for them (Dundee United.)

"It was just a lot of things - two hours up the road and two hours back. I came up here for the family.

"And I've never stayed that far away from my club before."

Page 149 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)