+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 153 of 187 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Immi away. JG having meeting today to discuss transfers.

Oh well, just another failure to add to the Asghar tenure!

Quite worried if rumours are true that Docherty is out for a month and Sibbald is getting scans on an ankle which may be broken! If Freeman isnt good enough, then we need at least a RB, another CDM, a forward and maybe someone with a bit of creativity about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Oh well, just another failure to add to the Asghar tenure!

Quite worried if rumours are true that Docherty is out for a month and Sibbald is getting scans on an ankle which may be broken! If Freeman isnt good enough, then we need at least a RB, another CDM, a forward and maybe someone with a bit of creativity about them.
    Yeh, heard that Sibbald has broken some part of his leg in training. Do we ever, ever catch a break?????

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yeh, heard that Sibbald has broken some part of his leg in training. Do we ever, ever catch a break?????
    Great which means we're left with our academy snowflake graduates🙄. Or now use any transfer budget we have left to bring in another defensive midfielder instead of strengthening our attacking options.

Would be a disaster to be without Docherty and Sibbald.

In a purely speculative discussion point, there are one or two interesting Free Agents around. Have focused on non work permit ones in the 25-30 bracket.

Ryan Nyambe. Experienced, right back but can play across back line. Most recently at Wigan, previously Blackburn I think. Was solid in my memory but not perhaps exciting. Salary may be unreachable although it is August and he is without a club

Luke Amos. Defensive midfielder. QPR and Reading in the past. Have only seen him a couple of times, both in defeats. Not sure what quality he would truly have but certainly has lots of Championship experience. Again, wages may not be achievable anyway. Would be a huge punt.

Connor Wickham. Forward. Multiple, multiple clubs! Still only 30. Lastly at Forest Green. Not sure he would have the desire to play. Could be an interesting shout though. Suspect if we are incurring injuries our front line recruitment will be de-prioritised.

I must stress none of these are rumours of any kind at all. Simply my thoughts when I scan the out of contract lists. Yes, I should get out more.....

Recruitment to be revamped

“That (improving recruitment) is something we are continuously working on,” said Goodwin. “We have just brought in a scout to do opposition analysis and now we need to recruit a head scout; that is the next step.

“We’ll look to have a head of recruitment and build a team under him to make sure we are scouring all possible markets; getting down to England or asking, “can we put a guy on a plane to Eastern Europe every so often to find that next one (bargain)?”

“They are the type of markets where we can compete.

“(Ylber) Ramadani and (Bojan) Miovski came from a team towards the bottom of the Hungarian league. Nobody knew the two boys from Adam, but they went on to have huge success in the Premiership.

“It is something we are trying to implement here at Dundee United with Luigi (Capuano), the chief executive.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor..._medium=social

Sean McGhee 'Head of Recruitment'...... Asghar's f*cking teaboy more like.

This all sounds great but we need to recruit the recruitment team first and get it right! The boy Mowbray was clearly very good at his job at the SSB's as he has since left for Southampton. Can we get someone in like him? Hopefully Jim bought into their blueprint enough while he was there to be able to bring that model to Utd because they brought some cracking signings in from the continent. They did however, spend big getting those players over. He won't be getting £500K from us for the next Miovski, that's for sure.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 16-08-2023 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    McGrath linked strongly again to return also a young striker.
    Zak Lovelace is getting sent out on loan to a championship team.

Cudg
    Flynn Duffy,
    Freeman,
    Ross Graham,
    Scott McMann,
    Declan Glass,
    Archie Meekison,
    Chris Mochrie,
    Craig Sibbald,
    Miller Thomson,
    Chalmers
    Sadat Anaku.

All out of contract at the end of the season. If we manage to get promoted who wld you keep?

Cudj, Graham, Sibbald for me.

Would like to see more of Mochrie, Thomson and Meekison.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Cudg
    Flynn Duffy,
    Freeman,
    Ross Graham,
    Scott McMann,
    Declan Glass,
    Archie Meekison,
    Chris Mochrie,
    Craig Sibbald,
    Miller Thomson,
    Chalmers
    Sadat Anaku.

All out of contract at the end of the season. If we manage to get promoted who wld you keep?

Cudj, Graham, Sibbald for me.

Would like to see more of Mochrie, Thomson and Meekison.
    Graham and Cudjoe are probably the only two. The rest, pfft. Mochrie maybe, depends how this season goes. Sibbald is doing well with Docherty in the Championship but was part of why we are where we are. Good enough for another crack at the Prem? I wouldn't bother tbh. So yeah, not many I'd be fussed about

Page 153 of 187 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)