+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 83 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    F*ck every single player from last season that put us where we are, especially those who now think they are too good to play at this level. The evidence would suggest otherwise. I won't miss a single f*cking one of them. Levitt is a fanny and will never make it to a higher level until he grows a spine.
    Totally agree with every word you saying and yes Levitt has no bottle to go any further in the game at moment . F*** off the lot them apart from Fletcher I got say even thou he didn't score enough goals

Living within our means now. You never know though we could be a better unit if all the players are on roughly the same amount of money and no star players who fail to live up to expectations. Could have kept hold of Levitt in the old days but Transfer Windows means the wheeling and dealing has to be done quickly. As we all know the end of the January window has been hellish for United fans over the years.

At least more games on the TV on Friday nights, whether I want to watch them is another matter. No VAR unless we progress in the Cups.

No great loss

So tbh i don’t think Levitt is a huge loss to us now we’re in the championship. What’d he play 10 good games an 3 superb games in all the time he wiz here. He’s no huge loss, big big wages and always injured

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with boys being in big wages and others not.

Although Watt, Birighitti and Mulgrew must still be on a healthy wage.

According to that STV news story, Levitt will be Hibs' 6th signing of the summer. Hibs are in nothing like the state that we are and they've managed to sign 6 players?

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    According to that STV news story, Levitt will be Hibs' 6th signing of the summer. Hibs are in nothing like the state that we are and they've managed to sign 6 players?
    They also have a sh*t load of money to burn, thanks to their late Chairman wanting to leave a legacy at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    A poster on TEK summed it up pretty well

"So Levitt and Fletcher gone and our one other established player with any sort of talent (Behich) is nowhere to be seen and most probably not be seen at Tannadice again.

We still have the worst player in the club’s history as our goalkeeper. We have signed 3 players from championship clubs. Our striking options are an injured, moody Tony Watt, a 17 year old who’s never scored a senior goal and an injured Ugandan who’s never scored a senior goal. We have no right sided centre back. We have one right back who is pretty ****e. A load of attacking midfielders who have never shown anything other than flashes of potential…

Season starts a week on Saturday. I’m getting a bit concerned to be honest"
    Can’t argue with this. Until we get rid of that keeper and bring in another the fear is always going to be there.

I thought we wld have done more business by now. I get that getting big earners off the books is just as important giving our situation, but we really need to start seeing more new faces.

As per usual most teams appear to be getting business done while we appear to be stagnant. I’m sure we will see some new faces. I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    A poster on TEK summed it up pretty well

"So Levitt and Fletcher gone and our one other established player with any sort of talent (Behich) is nowhere to be seen and most probably not be seen at Tannadice again.

We still have the worst player in the club’s history as our goalkeeper. We have signed 3 players from championship clubs. Our striking options are an injured, moody Tony Watt, a 17 year old who’s never scored a senior goal and an injured Ugandan who’s never scored a senior goal. We have no right sided centre back. We have one right back who is pretty ****e. A load of attacking midfielders who have never shown anything other than flashes of potential…

Season starts a week on Saturday. I’m getting a bit concerned to be honest"
    If folk are expecting us to have our transfer business tied up by a week on Saturday then it would mean signing journeymen plodders like the three we have signed. Personnally I'd rather wait if it means getting a bit of quality.

U smell another car crash of a season looming.

Unfortunately for us, we need to get the big earners off our payroll before we can afford to take players on. This is made extra difficult by them being gash last year and we don't really have a load of teams chapping our door to take our players! We have to also realise that we aren't such an attractive offer to players now that we are in the championship and the kind of players that we are looking at, may well be holding out to see if they can get a better deal at a SPL club. Unfortunately, it is what it is!
    The keeper is our priority, it was neglegent to not empty him in January....it would be the biggest error in the clubs history if he doesn't get emptied before the season starts! This season will require a united front from owner, players and fans.....if he starts in goal, then the backlash from the fans will kill the season before a ball is kicked!

Page 83 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)