+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 187 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    If the four players mentioned do leave, we cannot be replacing them with the likes of the guys we've just signed. A team full of Championship plodders isn't going to win us the Championship.

Two more signings imminent apparently. Will be interesting to see who they are this time.
    We're not going to attract many superstars unfortunately

I don't think Djoum will take much replacing tbh and Mulgrew is way past his sell by date so will be absolutely no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    If the four players mentioned do leave, we cannot be replacing them with the likes of the guys we've just signed. A team full of Championship plodders isn't going to win us the Championship.

Two more signings imminent apparently. Will be interesting to see who they are this time.
    A post full of facts,journeymen are ok but you need a sprinkling of stardust for promotion,without Shankland we probably would not have suffered another relegation as we would still be plodding away in the 2nd tier.

I think our first prioriry is to make us physically toughas well as mentally tough. I think this window is about getting that right. We have to allow JG 2 windows to get this team into shape. Making us hard to beat is what we need to kick us off. It ain't going to be pretty but we need to do whatever it takes to get out this league!

Absolute priority #1 has got to be a goalkeeper.

Terry , on what he said last night , one of the 3 he is hoping to bring in will be a goalkeeper , it was also obvious he wasn’t impressed by Hinchcliffe either , was also clear he would like Fletcher to stay , Djoum however , won’t be missed

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Terry , on what he said last night , one of the 3 he is hoping to bring in will be a goalkeeper , it was also obvious he wasn’t impressed by Hinchcliffe either , was also clear he would like Fletcher to stay , Djoum however , won’t be missed
    'hoping to bring in'🙏😵*💫

I was disappointed to see Watson go, about only Utd player with pace, haven’t seen enough of him to make proper comments though, just hope this isn’t the club completely ripping up the focus on youth, and Ogren totally changing direction of club on whim of his latest pied piper. I’m assuming we aren’t just going down route of packing our squad with championship players.

What I've seen in the recent posts is that we will need to give Goodwin more than one window and that the one pacey player we had is away. Watching United from the late 80s through to now we have always done well when we have had pace in the team and hitting the byeline. Take this away from United and we are bang ordinary with no creativity from midfield although stating we have had a midfield in the last few years could be slanderous.

It's a hard one to call. I can see the logic in signing players that won't be shrinking violets in that league because the are familiar with it. Also , as was mentioned, weakening other teams in the same league. Those players might also see this as the best chance they will ever get to make it to the SPL and be totally up for it, I don't know.

What I do know is, I would rather watch these guys putting in a good shift than half the fannys we have been watching recently.

It also looks like JG is going to give a few remaining players a chance to prove themselves to him. (Last chance saloon maybe ?)
    Some of them might actually be "no bad" against (ahem) lesser opposition.

No matter what, only time will tell. But........... I would just like to add my agreement with plenty posters recently ... "GET THAT OZZIE CNUT AND EEZ GLOVES, AND TWEETS TAE FCUK" !!!! ASAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeats 62 View Post

what i do know is, i would rather watch these guys putting in a good shift than half the fannys we have been watching recently.

No matter what, only time will tell. But........... I would just like to add my agreement with plenty posters recently ... "get that ozzie cnut and eez gloves, and tweets tae fcuk" !!!! Asap!!!!!
    bang on!!!

Page 54 of 187 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)