+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 106 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    They do Ian but sometimes rumours turn out to have been correct.
    Some players have big egos, and I feel these two fall into that category!
    Hope JG can manage TW (definitely a player there), if not get rid. As for CM, not seen anything last season worth rescuing, caused more points lost than won, so would rather see go!

The positive is that there's a conversation going on. He splits the fanbase a bit mainly because there's no actual evidence that he was and maybe still is a bad influence. Hopefully we can reach an agreement where we pay him absolutely nothing and he f***s off anyway.
    How much does this split the fan base though? Take away the rumour and we have a senior player who the majority of fans see is frankly not good enough, and showed towards the end of last season he is nowhere near the level required to continue into next season.

Tell him to stay away and make sure he gets plenty gigs at the Hydro.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    How much does this split the fan base though? Take away the rumour and we have a senior player who the majority of fans see is frankly not good enough, and showed towards the end of last season he is nowhere near the level required to continue into next season.

Tell him to stay away and make sure he gets plenty gigs at the Hydro.
    You're correct, I should have said used to split the fanbase. I thought it was a lazy signing instead of getting an up and coming youngster/younger established player and said so at the time.
    Everybody knows it now but if you look at our recruitment under Asghar it was suicidal.

The correct answer was "Does he aye"
    😂😂😂

You're correct, I should have said used to split the fanbase. I thought it was a lazy signing instead of getting an up and coming youngster/younger established player and said so at the time.
    Everybody knows it now but if you look at our recruitment under Asghar it was suicidal.
    Im gonna defend Mulgrews arrival, and im gonna appear to defend Asghars plan around Mulgrews arrival, because on the face of it, the academy was about more than the product through the playing staff with a succession plan in the coaching team, and Mulgrew was very much part of that succession plan when Courts was here getting us to 4th place!

However, Asghar was in the process of making a right Noel Hunt of things, and im gonna bring the Mulgrew rumours back in here where it looks like he spat the dummy, and maybe more than once.

Whether you believe the rumours, none or some of them, i think we both/all agree Mulgrew has outstayed his welcome and should leave, and ensure any money is left behind to sort out the mess he has left.

Mulgrew more than justified his signing in that first season. Along with Edwards and Graham, he was immense at times. He has now though, outstayed his welcome. Mainly because he's past it, but also his attitude towards the fans during those last few games of the season. Saying that, when your every touch is being boo'd by your own fans, it must be hard not to react the way he did.

Mulgrew can do one, whether the rumours of disruption are true or not. His performance levels for most of last season and particularly towards the end were no where near good enough. If he wants paid for his contract then let him rot, tell him to stay at home for the year, get paid but don't have any contact with the squad.

I would make him travel. fek him, we are paying his wages. I think he would be delighted to stay away and get paid for f'all. Get him collecting the balls, putting out the cones, sorting out the bibs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    I would make him travel. fek him, we are paying his wages. I think he would be delighted to stay away and get paid for f'all. Get him collecting the balls, putting out the cones, sorting out the bibs etc.
    Absolutely spot on!

Take back my initial thoughts this is much better, add on that he's still allowed no interaction with the playing squad under penalty of a fine and we have a winner 👍

Page 106 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)