+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 126 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Hi Guys, back for a wee holiday,
    I need to catch up on what's happened since Feb
    Anyone got a brief version?

��
    You don't work on the United recruitment team by any chance?

Moult has scored 8 goals in 5 years.
    Surely there must be someone a little more prolific available. Not inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by scARAB beetle View Post
    Moult has scored 8 goals in 5 years.
    Surely there must be someone a little more prolific available. Not inspiring.
    I dont think his ability to put the ball in the back of the net should be a worry, certainly not at this level. It will all come down to fitness. If we get a full season of him being fit then happy days, if we dont then its another disaster unless we also add another striker with him like a larger target man.

Did the club not say that they were in discussion with three strikers and hoping to sign one ?
    F*ck knows how bad the other 2 are if Moult is the best.

If moult signs then it does feel like we are being lead down the garden path again. The announcements coming out the club sound just as bad as when TA was here.

We were told funds would be made available and that MO is backing the the club to get promoted. Yet we are signing free agents who’s abilities are below what we wld expect for a team wanting promotion at first time of asking.

We were told that we were speaking to 3 strikers and yet we are supposedly looking to sign a 31yr old striker who is injury prone and had little game time.

Will someone just come out and tell us the truth about what finances are available. If we have no money then say that. Don’t lead with stories about the owner backing the club if it’s not true. As supporters we are fed with the club being so economical with the truth!

I'll admit to not knowing much about this fella but it does seem like a risky signing. We are absolutely desperate but hopefully it works out. 🤔

Yeh been catching up, this club is as big a clusterfeck as I can ever remember.

Saw we got beat from Spartans and remembered we beat them home and away in Europe years ago, turns out that was a different team.

I work in HR and I would love 5 mins inside The Tannabubble database to see job descriptions, reckon I could bin a few
    Onwards we go depressing as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    If moult signs then it does feel like we are being lead down the garden path again. The announcements coming out the club sound just as bad as when TA was here.

We were told funds would be made available and that MO is backing the the club to get promoted. Yet we are signing free agents who’s abilities are below what we wld expect for a team wanting promotion at first time of asking.

We were told that we were speaking to 3 strikers and yet we are supposedly looking to sign a 31yr old striker who is injury prone and had little game time.

Will someone just come out and tell us the truth about what finances are available. If we have no money then say that. Don’t lead with stories about the owner backing the club if it’s not true. As supporters we are fed with the club being so economical with the truth!
    I actually said the very same to a pal the other day, if there is cash available why are we looking at cheap option transfers and looking like filling the team with unproven kids? Why is the manager talking up his existing squad and not spending the money available, either he is a total clown or there is no money available. I had hoped that Birighti and Mulgrew would be gone by now and that Aziz if he is to leave would be away and a fee brought in and that the money that released would be put in the kitty for new players. It now looks highly unlikely and very much like the club are bigging up a chairman who has no intention of investing to get back up. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, one things for sure the longer we stay down the more the value of his investment plummets.

Another free transfer crock, f*ck sake Ogren spend some ****ing money!! Your penny pinching put us here and more of the same will keep us here. Listen to those who f*cking know!

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    I actually said the very same to a pal the other day, if there is cash available why are we looking at cheap option transfers and looking like filling the team with unproven kids? Why is the manager talking up his existing squad and not spending the money available, either he is a total clown or there is no money available. I had hoped that Birighti and Mulgrew would be gone by now and that Aziz if he is to leave would be away and a fee brought in and that the money that released would be put in the kitty for new players. It now looks highly unlikely and very much like the club are bigging up a chairman who has no intention of investing to get back up. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, one things for sure the longer we stay down the more the value of his investment plummets.
    only 2 of the kids started on saturday and the Team was terrible the kids coming on actually improved us

Page 126 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)