+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not getting my hopes up after the fletch/behich news, but huge bonus is he stays to help us get back
    What Behich news?

There are a number of rumours around that he does want away, these rumours also circulated in January during his extended absence from the country. There is the one rumour that i believe is closer to fact, in that Aziz has been given an extension to period in which he can take his holiday having yet again been part of his international squad.

However, i expect once he is back here, the required meetings will take place, and i hope he is sold rather that the contract ripped up.

I thought JG had already said if anyone wants released from their contact for free they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I thought JG had already said if anyone wants released from their contact for free they would be.
    I think JG actually said that he 'wouldn't be hard to deal with' as opposed to releasing from contract for free.

For the majority of last years' squad, I'm sure that JG would jump at the chance to rip up their contracts for free.

However, I expect that Behic and Levitt would be the exception to that rule as we would surely be looking for some sort of recompense for either of these two.

Im sure every Arab is very much aware that JG "would be very easy to deal with", but can you not see even a hint of telling us what we want to hear?

In the case of Djoum and Fletcher, we have 2 30 somethings who are near the end of their careers, rumoured to be on a fair wedge and want away. Not costing the club anything on the face of it so easy to maybe put that part of the budget into an extra player or 4. Hopefully Mulgrew will follow suit.

Behich though is rumoured to have been the subject of interest before, and if we can get something of a fee for him, then it would be a dereliction of duty on the scale of previous regimes if we did not try and recoup some money for the rebuild. Obviously Levitt, and to a lesser extent, Sibbald are also in that tiny pool of players who we must recoup some money from, unless you are 100% confident that we are financially stable this season, something that will be called into question if the support start a boycott because of the clown in goal!

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I think JG actually said that he 'wouldn't be hard to deal with' as opposed to releasing from contract for free.

For the majority of last years' squad, I'm sure that JG would jump at the chance to rip up their contracts for free.

However, I expect that Behic and Levitt would be the exception to that rule as we would surely be looking for some sort of recompense for either of these two.
    Right, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Im sure every Arab is very much aware that JG "would be very easy to deal with", but can you not see even a hint of telling us what we want to hear?

In the case of Djoum and Fletcher, we have 2 30 somethings who are near the end of their careers, rumoured to be on a fair wedge and want away. Not costing the club anything on the face of it so easy to maybe put that part of the budget into an extra player or 4. Hopefully Mulgrew will follow suit.

Behich though is rumoured to have been the subject of interest before, and if we can get something of a fee for him, then it would be a dereliction of duty on the scale of previous regimes if we did not try and recoup some money for the rebuild. Obviously Levitt, and to a lesser extent, Sibbald are also in that tiny pool of players who we must recoup some money from, unless you are 100% confident that we are financially stable this season, something that will be called into question if the support start a boycott because of the clown in goal!
    I took Goodwins comments as him telling us exactly how it is. Nothing more, nothing less. If a player wants away, chap on his door and he'll sort it with little fuss.

As for Behich, we're apparently coming to an agreement that allows him to leave permanently for the same reasons he was granted a period of leave in January.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    He had another year. Agreed to have contract ripped up. Understandable from both parties. Cant blame Fletcher. He was one of the players who put in the effort last season.
    And here's me believing the BNB'S forum from Mr Sensible that it's costing us at least £150 grand to rip up Fletchers contract and Djoum won't be far off that aswell . They always seem to know our figures about players wages , transfer etc 🤣🤣

Did JG not mention at some point that he was confident that fletch wld be staying? There is no denying that Fletch put a shift in last season, but for me he missed too many chances.

Another 2 wages freed up. Hopefully there will be a few new faces coming in. A striker has to be a priority.now. Can’t rely on watt and Rory to get us out this mess.

It's worth bearing in mind we need to drastically cut the wage bill this season. It'll be the club's biggest cost and with revenue dropping through the floor because of relegation it'll need to be cut. Think what I'm saying is I won't expect too much of this to be spent on other players.

It's worth bearing in mind we need to drastically cut the wage bill this season. It'll be the club's biggest cost and with revenue dropping through the floor because of relegation it'll need to be cut. Think what I'm saying is I won't expect too much of this to be spent on other players.
    Yeah. I don't think certain people quite realise how much relegation is costing us. Replacing a £6k a week (for example) player, isn't going to free up £6K a week for another however many players. Nowhere near it, unfortunately.

Page 61 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)