+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 119 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This one decision days it all about our season ahead: TW as vice captain. Phuck me. Do I understand what JG is attempting here? Yes. Do I think it'll work? Not a chance.
    This is a head scratcher TTT but who else is there? We have a bunch of young lads and bunch of nobody’s. I also get what he is doing but like you don’t think it will work.

We have gone from one extreme to another here. We over play for spineless players last season which back fired spectacularly and now we are attempting to creat a team on the cheap which could end up having the same effect. Surely to phuck we have to be looking at pushing the boat out for a couple of quality players that can inspire those around them. Wishful thinking I know.

That's exactly how we got promoted last time. I don't think we will with the current squad. But it's early days and this was always likely. The LC group stage has almost always been a cruel mistress for us. 😢

We needed to move quickly in the transfer market. It was going to cost MO some money but time is what is critical for us! We look miles off the pace and are still 'hoping to bring in new faces'. Last minute loan signings probably. We are making the same mistakes again and again during these transfer windows. Penny pinching is going to hinder us completely. MO needs to show some commitment to the club or sell up....All I can see is a cash grab at trying to get as much back from his investment before he sells up. We are currently miles off where we need to be to be looking at coming straight back up!

So, the same position the club was in when ST wanted out last time we were in the Championship? 😥

Ogren needed to cut his losses and sell up at end of last season he is now trying to rebuild a new side on much less of a budget , yes T very similar to the Thompson situation

it is extremely similar to ST, we are not investing like we did previously when RN was in charge, this is on par with McKinnon/Csaba sh1te squad

MO need to come up with a price, cut his losses and sell up ASAP

Spot on OA

He knocked back a 12 million quid takeover bid last season..I would imagine that the value of the club is probably closer to 6 million in the championship.

Remember that this guy reckons that he is going to make a profit at United!

I am not jumping on the JG must go bandwagon just yet. There can't be many managers expected to chance on entire team and get them firing on all cylinders when we are penny pinching, he is also having to deal with getting rid of potential distractions and also change selveral of the backroom staff.

Get Levein in now and get him to sort out all the backroom sh1t and leave JG in post to sort out the team. This is too big a job for one man!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    He knocked back a 12 million quid takeover bid last season..I would imagine that the value of the club is probably closer to 6 million in the championship.

I am not jumping on the JG must go bandwagon just yet. There can't be many managers expected to chance on entire team and get them firing on all cylinders when we are penny pinching, he is also having to deal with getting rid of potential distractions and also change selveral of the backroom staff.

Get Levein in now and get him to sort out all the backroom sh1t and leave JG in post to sort out the team. This is too big a job for one man!
    If he genuinely knocked back a 12 million quid offer then we are in the hands of an absolute moron.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post

The club is a limited company with an owner that holds the vast majority of the shares. Like it or not it's worth whatever he says he would accept for those shares. It doesn't matter that we were relegated, has no bearing on the subject.

I find it hard to believe he knocked back £12M, I think he'd have bitten the hand off with that offer...

Page 119 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)