+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a season!!!

What a season!!!

Standing ovation for the entire club this season. Could not be more proud.

I know I hav been a moany ******* at times but this club has achieved something truly incredible.

I expect us to step up again next season, although 4th will be the aim again.

Great time to be a Newcastle supporter!

Lost as many games as City. Less than Arsenal. Joint best defence in the league. Goal difference of +35!!

Spurs miss Europe. 35 points was enough to stay in the league.
    Newcastle finish 4th and qualify for the Champions League. I’ll just let that settle in for a minute….the last time we had a good season in this league was our 5th place finish and I didn’t appreciate it then.
    The slug decided not to push on. It’s all so different now. There’s no better club in the country to be supporting than us right now. Enjoy the ride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Spurs miss Europe. 35 points was enough to stay in the league.
    Newcastle finish 4th and qualify for the Champions League. I’ll just let that settle in for a minute….the last time we had a good season in this league was our 5th place finish and I didn’t appreciate it then.
    The slug decided not to push on. It’s all so different now. There’s no better club in the country to be supporting than us right now. Enjoy the ride!!!
    And just imagine that if it continues like this, nearly at the pace it's started it will be like this or better for decades to come.

True, but this season coming could be the toughest of those to come. The extra games in the Champions league but with the squad just at the start of being built. We’ll need to be fortunate with injuries and see more of Eddie’s magic to get CL again.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    True, but this season coming could be the toughest of those to come. The extra games in the Champions league but with the squad just at the start of being built. We’ll need to be fortunate with injuries and see more of Eddie’s magic to get CL again.
    If the next two windows are as successful as the last two then it will go a long way towards getting the squad sufficiently strong enough to cope with the additional C.L. travelling.

Fan ****ing tastic season.

Really can't wait to see how the window goes and what Eddie does next season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)