+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Similarities with Leeds uncanny

Similarities with Leeds uncanny

Leeds

Failed to place important players

Conceded 78 goals.

Put too much trust in their sporting director.

Poor composure in front of goal.

Relegated.

I know feck all about Leeds, but thanks for the round up.

I only care about United and they have strayed so far from the path of being an honest provincial team rising to success, to trying to buy their way in with the big boys. Time to wind back the clock, find a rich arab to absorb the debt and start again without all the hanger ons and people who want to be important but contribute feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    I know feck all about Leeds, but thanks for the round up.

I only care about United and they have strayed so far from the path of being an honest provincial team rising to success, to trying to buy their way in with the big boys. Time to wind back the clock, find a rich arab to absorb the debt and start again without all the hanger ons and people who want to be important but contribute feck all.
    Agree with the sentiment about getting all billy big baas, that was mainly down to Asghar and his vanity project. The problem is that Ogren is so far in financially he'd have to take a massive hit of several millions to sell the club for what it's actually worth. But it's a problem for him because unless we've just unearthed the new Xavi, Messi and Mbappe his losses will grow.
    So at some stage something will change but what that will be I don't know.

The similarities between us and teams like Leeds etc is the number of suit wearing people employed by Asghar add to that the bloated coaching staff.Half of them were not required and if we never employed them more players could have been signed.I would love to know how many employee's we had in the 80's when McLean was manager compared to this season under that FN useless barsteward fronting as Sporting Director.

Wattie Smith, Gordon Wallace, Jimmy Bone, Graeme Lowe, Doug Houston, Kenny Cameron, Stuart Hogg, Ian (PT at the Tech, cant remember surname) may be a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    Wattie Smith, Gordon Wallace, Jimmy Bone, Graeme Lowe, Doug Houston, Kenny Cameron, Stuart Hogg, Ian (PT at the Tech, cant remember surname) may be a few more.
    I remember Doug Houston was my PE teacher at Whitfield High, round about same time he was Brechin manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    Ian Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The similarities between us and teams like Leeds etc is the number of suit wearing people employed by Asghar add to that the bloated coaching staff.Half of them were not required and if we never employed them more players could have been signed.I would love to know how many employee's we had in the 80's when McLean was manager compared to this season under that FN useless barsteward fronting as Sporting Director.
    Saw a list on Twitter the other day (might’ve been from a programme from two years ago) of all the employees and it was scary. Every second position was “Head of…….” meaning that employee possibly had others under him. The majority of the positions I couldn’t even guess what they would be doing in the day to day running of the club.

Leeds are about to receive £130+ million as their share of the TV money in the premiership this season - there the similarities end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I remember Doug Houston was my PE teacher at Whitfield High, round about same time he was Brechin manager.
    He was head of PE when I was there too and he was a proper cnt......he gave me the belt once and it was sare as fk🫣.....I thought he was manager of Forfar though 🤔

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)