+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer budget of 100m

Transfer budget of 100m

So local media are reporting Eddie Howe has a transfer budget of 100-150 million and we won’t be blowing our wage structure out the window. The club seems to be wanting to stick to the FFP for now, which is good because we will be well scrutinised.

I guess we can expect players coming from Europe there’s better value there, you don’t want any more 40m Gordon’s I’d like more Botman’s Buros and Isaks.

There will be more money available if the right player becomes available I think. Also we will sell , definitely see ASM going this window.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    So local media are reporting Eddie Howe has a transfer budget of 100-150 million and we won’t be blowing our wage structure out the window. The club seems to be wanting to stick to the FFP for now, which is good because we will be well scrutinised.

I guess we can expect players coming from Europe there’s better value there, you don’t want any more 40m Gordon’s I’d like more Botman’s Buros and Isaks.

There will be more money available if the right player becomes available I think. Also we will sell , definitely see ASM going this window.

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are that we will spend between 250-300m

We don't have a budget and will have the financial flexibility to spend big with the new commervisl deals in progress and the additional prize money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    My thoughts are that we will spend between 250-300m

We don't have a budget and will have the financial flexibility to spend big with the new commervisl deals in progress and the additional prize money.
    Everyone at the club will play it down so the tr a nsfer prices aren't blown out of proportion Man U style.

Be assured we will spend big this is the opportunity to capitalise.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post

Your thoughts?
    I can see Maxi leaving, not sure Eddie sees him as long term, injured too often, lack of goals, unpredictable although that’s improving. I would happily swap him for somebody like Diaby, or that kid whose name I can’t spell! I reckon we could get about 40 million for him. That would buy one player, but not Maddison please, I’m cooling on him. I’m not sure how the local media know how much we have to spend, it wouldn’t be public knowledge, just push up prices. They will keep their cards close to their chest and surprise us some day soon.

I expect us to sign 3 players for 100-120 and Eddie says it is done for the summer.
    Then we see some transfer like Isak - top range financially and unexpected. Eddie comments that we’re eating into january budget.
    And the bum! Icing on a cake - Mbappe, here we come!
    Lol.

Seriously, I dont think they’ll be much more action than previous summer - 3-4 players that’ll become first-xi players and i dont see us breaking transfer record again

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    I can see Maxi leaving, not sure Eddie sees him as long term, injured too often, lack of goals, unpredictable although that’s improving. I would happily swap him for somebody like Diaby, or that kid whose name I can’t spell! I reckon we could get about 40 million for him. That would buy one player, but not Maddison please, I’m cooling on him. I’m not sure how the local media know how much we have to spend, it wouldn’t be public knowledge, just push up prices. They will keep their cards close to their chest and surprise us some day soon.
    Dominik Szoboszlai is a way better option in my opinion than Maddison.

We need to maintain our course, purchase that 21-24 yr old tier of players like Bruno. Great stats, not been picked up by a top club like Szoboszlai, Ugarte etc.

The team we have in place now, from Howe to Ashworth will deliver the goods over the summer for sure.

Working and living in the Middle East for 8 yrs I know the way things work over here. Decisions are made by committee and are generally slow. However the exception to this is always when someone delivers something shiny or impressive.

Champions League Qualification is something very shiny so I expect the PiF shot callers to give the club an open cheque book for achieving what they've done so quickly.

They will take this opportunity to make some very powerful deals commercially and sign the 5-6 top quality players we need to maintain our level in the top 4 whilst making a fist of it in the UCL.

Buzzing my T!Ts off HOWAY THE LADS!

I would be amazed if any club declared the real value of their transfer purse now. Certainly NUFC wouldn’t.
    We are in the CL and so we need to sign players (4-5 first team level is my guess).

Sit back and enjoy watching competent people doing their jobs.

I see there’s two players at Notts Forest that some people wanted in our team maybe some of the football managers out there would still like Woods and Shelvey back as they left the team short?

Luton will need a few, solid PL players. Leeds will look for a couple of championship players to bring them up.straight away. We got those. Lers offload a few and see where we are after that.

Leeds Rodrigo BTW is a good player who they msy not keep.

Theres at least half a dozen of these in our squad. I hope all.business is done early and a good pre season can happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)