+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Gunt

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Is that a Barnsley pub?
    No you're thinking of Yorkshire Beers.

Either I don't understand what you posted in reply to me or you didn't understand my reply to GP. ... or both My money is on the 2nd option.

Either I don't understand what you posted in reply to me or you didn't understand my reply to GP. ... or both My money is on the 2nd option.
    Okay but do remember to bet responsibly.

Have to say and know Gunt won't agree, but can see why it was a Red, studs up, didn't fully catch him but could have. The penalty appeal for me was 50/50, could argue dangerous play from the Barnsley player as high foot.

Nowhere near as clear as the two huddersfield appeals in last years final.

Also no chance Bamford signing for Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Have to say and know Gunt won't agree, but can see why it was a Red, studs up, didn't fully catch him but could have. The penalty appeal for me was 50/50, could argue dangerous play from the Barnsley player as high foot.

Maybe Sith although as I remember Forest played Huddersfield off the park and would have been unlucky to concede a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Maybe Sith although as I remember Forest played Huddersfield off the park and would have been unlucky to concede a pen.
    Ssssssssssssssssh, don't bring the penalty incident up.

Huddersfield fans are still smashing things up, Greatest travesty of justice EVER, apparently

Yes you are right, shouldn't complain about decisions really, its not like cooper and forest fans have complained once all season about decisions so..

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post

Exactly my opinion Sith, I didn't expect the Red to be overturned and we've had similar penno claims not given! Perhaps your lot have upset those gits at the EFL as well as us Gunt!!

What a roller coaster. Barnsley had the better start. Wendy took over and were dominant. 0-0 at HT. 2nd half starts and Barnsley start the brightest. 47th minute, ball flying about in the box. Gregory goes for the ball but only manages to kick a Barnsley player on the calf between 3 and 4 feet off the floor. It's a penalty but the ref waves it away. VAR sees no reason to overrule the ref's decision. IMO, the officials got it wrong. 49th minute, Phillips clatters Gregory. It's a free kick. Ref got that right. It's a yellow but the ref reaches for his back pocket and pulls out the red card. Wrong. Yellow all day. That's 2 bad decisions gone against Barnsley inside 2 minutes. Down to 10 men you think it's over but Barnsley had other ideas. They were the dominant side for quite a while despite being down to 10. 0-0 at 90 minutes and 2 x 15 minutes extra time to be played. By now Barnsley will be feeling low, 2 decisions go against them and they have played well with 10 and Isted in goal is having a blinder. They deserve the chance to win the game. Extra time saw Wendy the better side but a series of blocks from defenders and good saves from Isted saw time running out. The 4th official signals a minimum of 3 minutes extra time at the end of the 2nd period of ET. 2 minutes and 58 seconds into the 3 minutes, a good move sees a cross from the left, a diving header from Windass, Isted gets his hands to it but can't keep it out. I thought Barnsley deserved a crack at penalties rather than the last second execution they got. On top for periods but, statistically, 2nd best, their efforts deserved more than to go out in the way they did. Wendy had 22 shots to 9. 8 on target to 2. So they should have with the man advantage. My heart goes out to Isted who certainly didn't deserve the manner of defeat. Right chuffed for Darren Moore.

In effect, considering their aging squad, this was probably last chance saloon for Wendy and the Gods were on their side.

A little aside... all 3 EFL playoff finals were won by managers who have played for Derby County Football Club.
    Following the game Duff was full of praise for Wednesday even though the words must have stuck in his throat. The so-called gentle giant Darren Moore didn't mention his devastated counterpart, the players or their fans. I don't know whether or not the man is gentle but I can think of lots of other names to describe him.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)