+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Gunt

Good Luck Gunt

Sure you won't see this before the game but as a contributor on the forum, while I have no feelings either way personally, hope you have a good day and get the result you want.

Very noble sentiments Sith, but I can't share them. Barnsley are at their right level in the third division whereas the Wendies look to be the team of destiny this year. After Gunts racist rant against the Wendies defenders of deeper skintone, I hope they crush Barnsley

As I have friends who are Owls supporters, I am hoping they win today and after their comeback against the Posh they deserve to.

Thanks Sith. GP, take care as you cross the road.

Derbyshire born Dad, Lancastrian born Mam. Ergo, no great affiliation with either of the 2 Yarksher clubs involved. My preference leans toward Wendy for no other reason than Darren Moore is a good egg and I'd be happy for him to have this success.

May the best team win...4-3 after aet and penalties. Could be Wednesday’s need is greater given the age of their squad.

Hard luck Gunt, tough to take.
    Well done the Owls and many congrats Darren, you showed the doubters you had more bottles than them!

😄😄😄

Unlucky Gunt. We know all about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Thought the red card was harsh but that Wednesday were the better side from then on.
    Never mind...at least you’ll still have the joy of visiting Pride Park again next season.

What a roller coaster. Barnsley had the better start. Wendy took over and were dominant. 0-0 at HT. 2nd half starts and Barnsley start the brightest. 47th minute, ball flying about in the box. Gregory goes for the ball but only manages to kick a Barnsley player on the calf between 3 and 4 feet off the floor. It's a penalty but the ref waves it away. VAR sees no reason to overrule the ref's decision. IMO, the officials got it wrong. 49th minute, Phillips clatters Gregory. It's a free kick. Ref got that right. It's a yellow but the ref reaches for his back pocket and pulls out the red card. Wrong. Yellow all day. That's 2 bad decisions gone against Barnsley inside 2 minutes. Down to 10 men you think it's over but Barnsley had other ideas. They were the dominant side for quite a while despite being down to 10. 0-0 at 90 minutes and 2 x 15 minutes extra time to be played. By now Barnsley will be feeling low, 2 decisions go against them and they have played well with 10 and Isted in goal is having a blinder. They deserve the chance to win the game. Extra time saw Wendy the better side but a series of blocks from defenders and good saves from Isted saw time running out. The 4th official signals a minimum of 3 minutes extra time at the end of the 2nd period of ET. 2 minutes and 58 seconds into the 3 minutes, a good move sees a cross from the left, a diving header from Windass, Isted gets his hands to it but can't keep it out. I thought Barnsley deserved a crack at penalties rather than the last second execution they got. On top for periods but, statistically, 2nd best, their efforts deserved more than to go out in the way they did. Wendy had 22 shots to 9. 8 on target to 2. So they should have with the man advantage. My heart goes out to Isted who certainly didn't deserve the manner of defeat. Right chuffed for Darren Moore.

In effect, considering their aging squad, this was probably last chance saloon for Wendy and the Gods were on their side.

A little aside... all 3 EFL playoff finals were won by managers who have played for Derby County Football Club.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)