+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Gunt

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Following the game Duff was full of praise for Wednesday even though the words must have stuck in his throat. The so-called gentle giant Darren Moore didn't mention his devastated counterpart, the players or their fans. I don't know whether or not the man is gentle but I can think of lots of other names to describe him.
    You’ve sounded a tad bitter and twisted in recent weeks, Gunt. Questionable (at best) views on Wednesday’s black players...Barnsley always discriminated against...and now Darren Moore. We’re generally quite fond of him in these parts, he did well for us and seems like a good bloke...so I wouldn’t bother.
    It’s tough losing in the play off finals...possibly harder than any other final because it’s the climax of a whole season’s work/effort/support. Believe me, we know, having seen Derby lose three play off finals v Leicester, QPR and Villa. We ‘deserved’ to win two of those too and it hurts but what’s done is done. As our colleague points our, ‘sh1thappens’...you’ll be back in with a shout next season...the red card was hard but the stats were all in Wednesday’s favour. No great injustice and it’s only football, so just move on.

Following the game Duff was full of praise for Wednesday even though the words must have stuck in his throat. The so-called gentle giant Darren Moore didn't mention his devastated counterpart, the players or their fans. I don't know whether or not the man is gentle but I can think of lots of other names to describe him.
    who is "Duff"?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You’ve sounded a tad bitter and twisted in recent weeks, Gunt. Questionable (at best) views on Wednesday’s black players...Barnsley always discriminated against...and now Darren Moore. We’re generally quite fond of him in these parts, he did well for us and seems like a good bloke...so I wouldn’t bother.
    It’s tough losing in the play off finals...possibly harder than any other final because it’s the climax of a whole season’s work/effort/support. Believe me, we know, having seen Derby lose three play off finals v Leicester, QPR and Villa. We ‘deserved’ to win two of those too and it hurts but what’s done is done. As our colleague points our, ‘sh1thappens’...you’ll be back in with a shout next season...the red card was hard but the stats were all in Wednesday’s favour. No great injustice and it’s only football, so just move on.
    Well of course I'm bitter. After Bobby Zamora's goal did you think ah well there's always next year. The reference to some of Wednesday's tall strong black players being difficult to break down was according to one contributor a 'racist rant'. if he's up on history he'll know what a racist rant really was.

Yes the stats were all in Wednesday's favour. It's not surprising when you're playing against ten men for 45 minutes and ET. on a blistering hot day.

Only football...really?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    who is "Duff"?
    Try Google. I'm told it's quite useful.

Well of course I'm bitter. After Bobby Zamora's goal did you think ah well there's always next year. The reference to some of Wednesday's tall strong black players being difficult to break down was according to one contributor a 'racist rant'. if he's up on history he'll know what a racist rant really was.

Yes the stats were all in Wednesday's favour. It's not surprising when you're playing against ten men for 45 minutes and ET. on a blistering hot day.

Only football...really?
    Well yes...takes a while but you have no choice really.

Your reference to Wednesday’s ‘tall strong black players’ was weird, on the basis that being strong and tall (not words you used as I recall) is relevant whereas being black really isn’t. Hence, I suspect, GP’s very reasonable objection.

Yep, ‘only football’. It matters to all of us who follow our various clubs...but let’s keep some perspective. It’s a disappointment not a tragedy.

P.S. ‘Duff’ is Michael Duff...Barnsley manager...done a good job...played hundreds of games for Burnley as I recall, GP.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-06-2023 at 08:33 PM.

Your reference to Wednesday’s ‘tall strong black players’ was weird, on the basis that being strong and tall (not words you used as I recall) is relevant whereas being black really isn’t. Hence, I suspect, GP’s very reasonable objection.

Yep, ‘only football’. It matters to all of us who follow our various clubs...but let’s keep some perspective. It’s a disappointment not a tragedy.

P.S. ‘Duff’ is Michael Duff...Barnsley manager...done a good job...played hundreds of games for Burnley as I recall, GP.

There's a huge difference between a supposedly 'weird' comment and a wild diatribe. If I have any problem about these matters it's that there is zero media coverage of what might be called reverse racism. For instance, Adjoa Andoh describing the royal family as 'terribly white', Diane Abbot having built a political career on anti-white racism, etc. Whites are not supposed to be upset or 'offended by anyone. We should all be opposed to racism per se not one way street racism.
    Last edited by GUNTERYY36; 01-06-2023 at 10:04 PM.

There's a huge difference between a supposedly 'weird' comment and a wild diatribe. If I have any problem about these matters it's that there is zero media coverage of what might be called reverse racism. For instance, Adjoa Andoh describing the royal family as 'terribly white', Diane Abbot having built a political career on anti-white racism, etc. Whites are not supposed to be upset or 'offended by anyone. We should all be opposed to racism per se not one way street racism.
    Times change, in my Dads day it would have been fine to say what you said, in fact he would have (and probably still would) use the word 'Coloured'. Had someone in the media used the word Blacks to describe collectively a group of players i have no doubt there would have been uproar and probably a sacking (see Craig Ramage ex Radio Derby presenter).

On that point though Derby fans were quite vocal in their distaste for what he said yet Stefan Eranio you would struggle to hear a Derby fan say a bad word against him (Sacked in similar circumstances to ramage from a job), so it is an odd one, seems if you are popular people will overlook it.

On the topic of Diane Abbott, its caught up with her eventually as shes now been sacked by Starmer.

Ah, not a beer brand then

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Times change, in my Dads day it would have been fine to say what you said, in fact he would have (and probably still would) use the word 'Coloured'. Had someone in the media used the word Blacks to describe collectively a group of players i have no doubt there would have been uproar and probably a sacking (see Craig Ramage ex Radio Derby presenter).

On that point though Derby fans were quite vocal in their distaste for what he said yet Stefan Eranio you would struggle to hear a Derby fan say a bad word against him (Sacked in similar circumstances to ramage from a job), so it is an odd one, seems if you are popular people will overlook it.

On the topic of Diane Abbott, its caught up with her eventually as shes now been sacked by Starmer.
    I can't remember how my old dad referred to them, but whatever it was people weren't so hung up on words. As far as I remember he hadn't a bad word to say about any race (apart from Germans for obvious reasons).

It's interesting you refer to Derby fans as being 'quite vocal'. I'd say they'd be even more vocal had Derby been relegated under Warne. Although I understand ram's point of view I'm sure Derby fans would be furious rather than disappointed. As a wise man once said, Football's more than just a matter of life and death. lol

Yes and rightly so.

Gunterry...your reference to it not being a nice ‘prospect’ to play against Wednesday’s ‘ten foot blacks’ was uncalled for at best and racist at worst.
    GP called you out on it. He’s no ‘snowflake’ (as you might term it) by any stretch of anyone’s imagination, and Diane Abbott is irrelevant to what you said. Your comment belongs to a time when idiots turned up at football grounds to chuck bananas, and abuse, at black players. There’s no place for it, on here or anywhere else.

P.S. Think it was Bill Shankly who described football as ‘more than just a matter of life and death’. I agree with you, he was a ‘wise man’ and an all time great manager...but on that occasion he was, imo, completely wrong.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-06-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)