+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Animal

FAO Animal

Animal I need to offer you a mighty big apology.
    Regarding your honeymoon cruise, you said you were on deck 11, we were on deck 10.

When you first mentioned you were going on your first cruise I wondered if it might be the same one we were going on and the other week you mentioned it again and I asked you what ship it was which confirmed it was the same cruise.

I was going to tell you but it good old Baldrick fashion I came up with a cunning plan.
    Every time we’ve gone from Wooly Edge there’s only ever been up to a dozen people going down so I thought I’d have no trouble at all picking a honeymoon couple of the right age and then taking a look at your luggage label to get your cabin number and once on board I was going to send you a bottle of bubbly with the message ‘from a fellow passenger’ and then keep you scratching your head for a couple of days as to who it was from.

So to my horror when we got to Wooly Edge I was gobsmacked when I say 3 buses going down so my devious plan had backfired big style and as with a few managers we’ve had I hadn’t got a plan B
    I tried the first week listening for any Yorkshire accents and asking if they were on honeymoon and did they call them animal
    I had to give up on that though because of the weird looks I was getting my wife thought I’d gone nuts.

Anyway it’s good to read you had a good time, it’s just a pity the weather wasn’t 100% and a bigger pity we didn’t get to have a pint together and I’ve no doubt we passed each other many time over the two week.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Animal I need to offer you a mighty big apology.
    Regarding your honeymoon cruise, you said you were on deck 11, we were on deck 10.

When you first mentioned you were going on your first cruise I wondered if it might be the same one we were going on and the other week you mentioned it again and I asked you what ship it was which confirmed it was the same cruise.

I was going to tell you but it good old Baldrick fashion I came up with a cunning plan.
    Every time we’ve gone from Wooly Edge there’s only ever been up to a dozen people going down so I thought I’d have no trouble at all picking a honeymoon couple of the right age and then taking a look at your luggage label to get your cabin number and once on board I was going to send you a bottle of bubbly with the message ‘from a fellow passenger’ and then keep you scratching your head for a couple of days as to who it was from.

So to my horror when we got to Wooly Edge I was gobsmacked when I say 3 buses going down so my devious plan had backfired big style and as with a few managers we’ve had I hadn’t got a plan B
    I tried the first week listening for any Yorkshire accents and asking if they were on honeymoon and did they call them animal
    I had to give up on that though because of the weird looks I was getting my wife thought I’d gone nuts.

Anyway it’s good to read you had a good time, it’s just a pity the weather wasn’t 100% and a bigger pity we didn’t get to have a pint together and I’ve no doubt we passed each other many time over the two week.
    That is absolutely amazing to read mate , I'm gobsmacked and thank you so much for your thought of a bottle of bubbly , your right I would have been scratching my head .

We caught the bus down to Southampton from Barnsley Bus Station with Eavesway , we actually didn't know about the pick up point at Woolley Edge which is actually nearer to where we now live .

Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did Doggy , amazing ship and the bloody size of it blew our minds , took us 3 days to find our way around .

Did you see the thunderstorms ?

Christ on a bike , that was spectacular , never heard thunder like that in my life .

I spoke to a bloke the first week in The Quays who was wearing a Barnsley shirt and asked him if he thought our 2nd leg would be on in Brodies Bar but he reckoned it wouldn't be and he was right .

Ended up following it in our cabin on Sky Sports News which was at least summat but nerve racking to say the least .

We are booking for next year asap , fancy the Canary Islands this time plus Madeira and Lisbon .

Got the bug now Doggy .

Thanks once again for your kind thoughts , we both really appreciate that .

You got it right with Eavesway they’re much better that Intercruise, we’d booked select and free bus travel was one of the options which worked out the best value against extra on board spend or free car parking. P&O used to use Evesway but dropped them in favour of Intercruise.
    Did you get to see Neil Lockwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    You got it right with Eavesway they’re much better that Intercruise, we’d booked select and free bus travel was one of the options which worked out the best value against extra on board spend or free car parking. P&O used to use Evesway but dropped them in favour of Intercruise.
    Did you get to see Neil Lockwood?
    No mate we didn't , we saw the Take That musical , mind you I took one for the team because my wife wanted to see it , not my pot of char .