+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football

Football

Can be so cruel,my heart goes out to Acido and all the Burnsley fans,they didn't deserve to lose like that. VAR strikes again with another penalty not given and a sending off. 🙄

There couldn't be a worse way to lose after playing with 10 men for so long, sorry Acido.

Gutted for Duffer and Burnsley.

Very sad to lose like that after battling against the odds for 71 minutes. Be proud, acido, your lads gave it a really good go after the dismissal but it just wasn't to be.
    They have had a decent season and probably exceeded a lot of fans' expectations. Good luck for next season.

Feel so sorry for Duffer, the players and the fans, they deserved the penalty shoot out at least.

Can't get over the referee, there was no need for the red card, especially in a play off final that could go to extra time. A yellow would have been sufficient, but some of these refs have no feeling for the game at all, no empathy for the players and the fans, it was a shocking decision imo.

I can remember many years ago talking to an ice hockey referee in a waiting room at Manchester Victoria, just after a play-off final. What had struck me was how lenient the refereeing had been, numerous offences that would normally be time in the sin bin were let go and I asked him why this was. He said it was normal practice in a final, the players had worked all season to get where they were and it was not for the refs to decide the game, they let the players battle it out and kept out of the way as much as they could. Such a shame Mr Robinson had never had a chat with an Ice Hockey referee, eleven a side is much preferable, especially in a game with so much riding on it.

Wish we'd had that ref in the semi final
    Watched as a "neutral" until the penalty decision (seen 'em given) and the ridiculous straight red at which point I wanted Barnsley to win - and thought they would when the ball came to Luca Connell.
    Harsh way to lose it, but the Barnsley players put in a real shift and Barnsley fans should be very proud of their young team. The experience will stand them in good stead and they'll be even stronger next season.

Tahh lads, I appreciate it. 🤭
    I'm not thinking straight though and am really peed off at the minute, for obvious reasons.
    So I'm trying to calm down a bit lol.

Nahh then Burnsley lads lol, who is up for a beer or two (and don't worry, I'm not talking about a meet up here lol). 🍺
    I've calmed down a bit now after a few pints, and I'm hoping now that we can keep the Duffer at our club.
    He's the glue that makes it all stick together, he's a bit of quality that we were sadly lacking last season. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nahh then Burnsley lads lol, who is up for a beer or two (and don't worry, I'm not talking about a meet up here lol). ��
    I've calmed down a bit now after a few pints, and I'm hoping now that we can keep the Duffer at our club.
    He's the glue that makes it all stick together, he's a bit of quality that we were sadly lacking last season. ��
    You never know in football, everyone has their price and some club might make him an offer he can't refuse, it's dog eat dog and you took him off Chetenham after all, but he knows he's at a Championship level club and he can take them there next season, he's not going to get offers from above the Championship so he won't have any great incentive to move.

With very few exceptions there is very little loyalty, decency or integrity in football, Michael Duff is one of those exceptions, I think he'll take Burnsley back into the Championship next season, I might even put some money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You never know in football, everyone has their price and some club might make him an offer he can't refuse, it's dog eat dog and you took him off Chetenham after all, but he knows he's at a Championship level club and he can take them there next season, he's not going to get offers from above the Championship so he won't have any great incentive to move.

With very few exceptions there is very little loyalty, decency or integrity in football, Michael Duff is one of those exceptions, I think he'll take Burnsley back into the Championship next season, I might even put some money on it.
    Apparently Huddersfield have him on their "wanted" list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)