+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How we can currently definitely line up in 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm hoping/praying for some good news on this front this week.

I could kind of understand if Rodrigues opted to go to a club like Derby, even though I genuinely think he'll get more opportunities and make more progress with us.

If Cameron and Nemane left I think that would be more of a snub, because they both owe a great deal to Luke Williams for their success this season and the raised profile it's given them, and I suspect if they chased short-term money at other clubs and had to prove themselves from scratch in systems and with coaches/managers that might not suit them, they could end up back where they started before long. Their best prospects and our best prospects are surely served by continuing the journey with us, with a head coach they know and trust who appreciates them.

I hope Jim O'Brien will sign, whether it's purely as a player or a coaching role too, because again he couldn't develop his coaching credentials under a better leader and within a better framework.

It would be really good to emerge from the summer with the promotion winning squad intact and further strengthened by a few more new arrivals like Randall.
    I’d be less annoyed about Cameron or Nemane leaving. Let’s be honest if they do it’ll be because someone else has offered them more ££, and it’s a short career with neither having played for long at the levels where they’ll have made a fortune from football. All of last season’s squad has basically achieved with Notts what their aim was when signing, so fair enough. I hope they stay, but they’ll be warmly remembered if they don’t.

Copied my post from another thread as it really ought to have been in here anyway...

As things stand, I think we are still between 5 and 8 players short for next season...

GK - a number one or two, but real competition

RWB - one more if Aaron Nemane doesnt sign

LCB - possibly Kyle Cameron, but we might possibly want or need 2 for this position.

CM - we still need 1 IMO

AM - We need at least 1, Ruben Rodrigues possibly, but would we want a second.

CF - I would still like to see us have one more.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Copied my post from another thread as it really ought to have been in here anyway...

As things stand, I think we are still between 5 and 8 players short for next season...

GK - a number one or two, but real competition

RWB - one more if Aaron Nemane doesnt sign

LCB - possibly Kyle Cameron, but we might possibly want or need 2 for this position.

CM - we still need 1 IMO

AM - We need at least 1, Ruben Rodrigues possibly, but would we want a second.

CF - I would still like to see us have one more.
    (Copied the reply)

Isn’t there a limit on the number of Squad players a team can have in L2 ie; 22?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    (Copied the reply)

Isn’t there a limit on the number of Squad players a team can have in L2 ie; 22?
    Yes there is...

Goalkeepers and under 21's dont count... maximum squad size after that is 22 of which 8 must be classed as homegrown.

(Copied the reply)

and of players that count we currently have 14 actually contracted for 23/24.

If Ruben, Cameron & Nemane have still not re-signed by the start of pre-season training I personally would withdraw their contract offers because by then, the only reason they would be signing a new contract is because no other club has made them a better offer. Their hearts would no longer be in Notts so just let them go and be out of work if necessary or end up back in the NL. No player is bigger than the club.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 06-06-2023 at 01:32 PM.

If Ruben, Cameron & Nemane have still not re-signed by the start of pre-season training I personally would withdraw their contract offers because by then, the only reason they would be signing a new contract is because no other club has made them a better offer. Their hearts would no longer be in Notts so just let them go and be out of work if necessary or end up back in the NL. No player is bigger than the club.
    I hope they like sitting on the bench.. We took them out of none league, and thats where they will eventually end up...

don't disagree with this, although my prediction is that brosNotts are too cute/astute to let things get that far

I hope they sign new contracts as all that crying and the badge slapping and badge kissing like loyalty to Notts is in there heart bullsh1t means diddly squat. I wish players wouldn't do that. Especially the tears Cameron was doing at Wembley. If it meant that much they'd have been 1st to sign contracts.

Why can't someone cry tears of joy after putting in the hard yards, failing in successive playoff campaigns previously including losing in final recently and then finally achieving it, especially in such dramatic fashion?

Those tears, the badge slapping is just emotion pouring out after a long season where promotion was deserved and finally achieved.

Lighten up Bob, they deserved to let it all out. Many I'm crowd did too and we only watch the action and are not in it.

Agree decisions by the players/club should be made before pre season training kicks in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast