+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How we can currently definitely line up in 23/24

[QUOTE=TSANHO;40301862]
    Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    So….a few more new signings so I’ve adjusted the line up accordingly.

*been a while since I looked at this….this is the current title winning team!*

3-4-2-1

……………………Slocombe
    ……………….……Brooke’s

………..Rawlo…….Baldwin…….Cameron
    ………..Brinds…….….?……….,,,,Chicks

TAR………..Palmer……….Bostock………..Randall
    Austin…..…Bajrami……………JOB……….Jones

………………Crowley……….Didzy
    ……………….Scott………....Morias

……………………...Macca
    …………………..….Morias

Subs

Munakandafa
    Mohovo

……………..

Waiting on -

Nemane
    Think you’re pretty close. I assume Nemane or a new RWB, CB and GK. I had hoped for a couple of defenders tbh.

Still need at least 1 more CB possibly 2 and we need that experienced GK but other than that Notts have a really good team thast will surely be challenging for the play offs at least.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Still need at least 1 more CB possibly 2 and we need that experienced GK but other than that Notts have a really good team thast will surely be challenging for the play offs at least.
    I personally wouldn't mind another body in behind Palmer and bostock in that deeper midfield role too. All we have there currently is Baj, who while obviously a decent player, has no efl experience and whose form dipped in the later half of last season and JOB who I can imagine won't be playing too much.

Although I guess the likes of Austin could drop back a little if nessecary, id feel a lot more comfortable in we had a little more depth there, all it'll take is one injury to either of the two and our midfield is significantly weaker.

agree with everyone else that the squad still feels unbalanced. Not yet quite all it could b defensively.

It's partly how LW sets us up to be so offensive, and it's looking like we're going to be a right marauding team, but can't help thinking this is looking a little Moniz!

So with Stone signing, looks like the current squad is this:

GK - Stone
    GK - Slocombe
    GK - Brookes

RWB - TAR

LWB - Randall
    LWB - Chicksen

LCB - Cameron

CB - Baldwin
    CB - Bajrami

RCB - Brindley
    RCB - Rawlinson

CM - Palmer
    CM - Bostock
    CM - JOB

CAM - Jones
    CAM - Austin
    CAM - Crowley

ST - Langstaff
    ST - McGoldrick
    ST - Scott
    ST - Morias

Leaves us with 4 more slots if I have counted everyone

Switching to a back 4 would mean either we need another left back, staying at a back 3 means we either need Nemane to sign or we replace him

Would also like to see another centre back or two

I like this thread. Differ a bit in my views as to who might play where, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I like this thread. Differ a bit in my views as to who might play where, but I like it.
    Agreed. Personally I can see Randall being Nemane’s replacement on the right for example with Jones continuing on the left wing. 2 of McGoldrick, Austin and Crowley behind Macca feels like it could work as well. We’d have Scott and Marias able to step into the no10 and forward role off the bench as well. Good indication of numbers though. I would say another CB is 100% needed. Bajrami for me is a midfielder. Wasn’t impressed when he played in the back 3.

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m really liking the look of the squad (even without Ruben). Every player on that list looks able to contribute to a successful league 2 team.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Agreed. Personally I can see Randall being Nemane’s replacement on the right for example with Jones continuing on the left wing. 2 of McGoldrick, Austin and Crowley behind Macca feels like it could work as well. We’d have Scott and Marias able to step into the no10 and forward role off the bench as well. Good indication of numbers though. I would say another CB is 100% needed. Bajrami for me is a midfielder. Wasn’t impressed when he played in the back 3.

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m really liking the look of the squad (even without Ruben). Every player on that list looks able to contribute to a successful league 2 team.
    How would we all feel about this squad if Nemane doesn't re-sign and we sold Macca?

How would we all feel about this squad if Nemane doesn't re-sign and we sold Macca?
    Nemane “meh”. Macca “don’t even think about it!”

Totally depends on the price.

Agree with Nate, Bajrami he's a DMC in my eyes and we need 1 not 2 DCs brought in.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast