Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
I'm hoping/praying for some good news on this front this week.

I could kind of understand if Rodrigues opted to go to a club like Derby, even though I genuinely think he'll get more opportunities and make more progress with us.

If Cameron and Nemane left I think that would be more of a snub, because they both owe a great deal to Luke Williams for their success this season and the raised profile it's given them, and I suspect if they chased short-term money at other clubs and had to prove themselves from scratch in systems and with coaches/managers that might not suit them, they could end up back where they started before long. Their best prospects and our best prospects are surely served by continuing the journey with us, with a head coach they know and trust who appreciates them.

I hope Jim O'Brien will sign, whether it's purely as a player or a coaching role too, because again he couldn't develop his coaching credentials under a better leader and within a better framework.

It would be really good to emerge from the summer with the promotion winning squad intact and further strengthened by a few more new arrivals like Randall.
I’d be less annoyed about Cameron or Nemane leaving. Let’s be honest if they do it’ll be because someone else has offered them more ££, and it’s a short career with neither having played for long at the levels where they’ll have made a fortune from football. All of last season’s squad has basically achieved with Notts what their aim was when signing, so fair enough. I hope they stay, but they’ll be warmly remembered if they don’t.