+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next season

Another one Wout could pay for.

"With their place in next season's Premier League confirmed a long time ago, Burnley now need to sign players capable of making an impact in the top flight of English football, having already added Jordan Beyer to their ranks on a permanent basis.

And according to a claim from Italian publication Corriere dello Sport - via Sport Witness - Burnley are one of the clubs that are waiting on Juventus to make a decision on Poland international striker Arkadiusz Milik as they have an option to make his loan move a permanent one in Turin.

Along with the Clarets, Newcastle United and Lazio are also said to be monitoring Milik's situation at Juve as they weigh up their options."

Weghorst's spell at Man U hasn't done him any favours though i agree with BT the other forwards didn't seem keen on passing to him. But that aside it can't have added to his value.

I don't think he's valued that highly anyway, £10/!2 million perhaps. Will it knock much off the value of a £10 million player if he's let go by Man United ? Can't see it myself, surely the fact that he's been playing for United means he must be worth every penny of £10 million, might even seem a bargain to some European clubs, Dutch international as well, don't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't think he's valued that highly anyway, £10/!2 million perhaps. Will it knock much off the value of a £10 million player if he's let go by Man United ? Can't see it myself, surely the fact that he's been playing for United means he must be worth every penny of £10 million, might even seem a bargain to some European clubs, Dutch international as well, don't forget.
    I have no idea if he will be in the United FA Cup Final squad or not, but a goal at Wembley would make him worth £15 million. Go Weggy Go!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This site says £14 million so you're about right sinkov
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wout...spieler/228645

You know what football managers are like, eternal optimists, supreme confidence ii their own ability, we tend just to judge Weghorst on his record in England, there will be managers in Europe who will see this as just a blip in his career, they will be convinced they can turn him back into the goal machine he has been in every team he's played for outside of England. Once we make him available they'll be beating Vinni's door down, there might even be a bidding war for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)