+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad news: Barcelona set to spend big for bruno guimaraes

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Dont know how reliable is that, but just read that Beckham’s Miami club could sign Messi on a free and loan him to Barcelona, thus solving Barca wage issue.
    Fair and square, if they pull it through, right?

Any chance we can get Buskets on loan if he signs for SA club and get away with it?
    Aye - I've just read the same thing.

IF that happens, surely every other club will be kicking up blue murder because if nothing happens - odds on PIF buying the first Saudi Club they can and then doing similar for us.

Dont know how reliable is that, but just read that Beckham’s Miami club could sign Messi on a free and loan him to Barcelona, thus solving Barca wage issue.
    Fair and square, if they pull it through, right?

Any chance we can get Buskets on loan if he signs for SA club and get away with it?
    Why would Miami do that?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Why would Miami do that?
    Guessing a goodwill gesture business decision maybe for Miami to receive future loans/development players to be a feeder club for them. Gotta be an angle. Pretty smart to be fair. A fair load of shirt sales in N America would pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Guessing a goodwill gesture business decision maybe for Miami to receive future loans/development players to be a feeder club for them. Gotta be an angle. Pretty smart to be fair. A fair load of shirt sales in N America would pay for it.
    It also guarantees Inter Miami get Messi after the 1 or 2 yr loan deal ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Busquets 7 yrs ago would have been able to adapt to the Prem. At 34 I seriously doubt even someone of his ability would be able to keep up with the pace of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Exactly this. Why do we need to sell. We are on the up and up and could do better in the Champions League than Barca.

I think Bruno is settled here and won't want to unsettle his family.

As well as this there may be some Barcelona players wishing they were playing at the Toon.
    Beside the fact the Barca don't have 87euros to scratch their A$$ with let alone 87million.

If Rice is worth 100m - Bruno is 100-120m.

On a personal note, Bruno is absolutely in love with Newcastle. His son is a Geordie. His dad is a local hero/celebrity. The whole city have fallen in love with Bruno & his family & Visa Versa!

The working class son of a taxi driver is symbolic of our rise to the top of world football. He represents everything we are as team, club, fans, city & people.

Bruno would never go to play for another Premier League team. Who is bigger than us?
    City? Don't need him.
    Red Filth? we're shoulder to shoulder with them now.
    Bin Dippers? cleaning our boots, massive step down at this point.
    Chelsea? Toxic cesspit I don't see that being a happy camp for many years regardless of Poch taking over.
    Spuds? HAHAHAHAHA please
    ArŁenal? not a step up anymore same as the Filth

When Bruno is 30-32 yrs old Real Madrid might come-a-calling, at which time we will have won several trophies, including EPL titles and a European Pot or two. Our man will graciously move on to a hero's farewell with nothing but love and admiration at the career he spent taking us to the footballing stratosphere.

Not before will that man wear another club's shirt, never in his career will he wear another EPL clubs shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I think we'd tell them to fuck off if they made a bid.
    Everyone has heard Shearer talk about Fergi when he was trying to sign him from Blackburn.

As soon as Fergi knew Shearer was talking to KK/NUFC he walked away.

I don't believe Liverpool even bothered to pick up the phone to Bruno's agent. They know its a total waste of time. Same with J7. No club is going to contact Newcastle players agents with any level of seriousness.

It's not how the transfer market works.

https://youtu.be/a5CKQcQavbk -Tifo/the athletic about the transfer window.

Explains a lot about it. A buddy of mine working in accounts for a big global sports agency. Daily he's in meetings with top agents and told me how it really works. The tifo piece is more or less on the money.

It's not 100% and not all deals are the same but it's a general broad strokes of how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Everyone has heard Shearer talk about Fergi when he was trying to sign him from Blackburn.

As soon as Fergi knew Shearer was talking to KK/NUFC he walked away.

I don't believe Liverpool even bothered to pick up the phone to Bruno's agent. They know its a total waste of time. Same with J7. No club is going to contact Newcastle players agents with any level of seriousness.

It's not how the transfer market works.

https://youtu.be/a5CKQcQavbk -Tifo/the athletic about the transfer window.

Explains a lot about it. A buddy of mine working in accounts for a big global sports agency. Daily he's in meetings with top agents and told me how it really works. The tifo piece is more or less on the money.

It's not 100% and not all deals are the same but it's a general broad strokes of how it works

That is great information Ragatino - THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Busquets 7 yrs ago would have been able to adapt to the Prem. At 34 I seriously doubt even someone of his ability would be able to keep up with the pace of the game.
    I just took the first free player out of my head as an example.
    Never gonna happen, but loan with someone paying his wage - he could teach Miley a thing or two

I just took the first free player out of my head as an example.
    Never gonna happen, but loan with someone paying his wage - he could teach Miley a thing or two
    Ah sorry dude! Totally misread your comments Guess I should pay more attention or not read the message board whilst sat in traffic!

Hope my comment didn't come across as too d!ckish! I do have a tendency to sound like a bit of a know-nothing-know-it-all.

Any freebie with a Saudi club paying his wages is a winner winner chicken dinner. Can you imagine the outrage... haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)