+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retained/released list

Retained/released list

A thread for what happens with the squad. Simpson said that he’s having meetings this week so I assume that’s with the players. He needs to let those who are going know quickly so that they can get new clubs and get others signed up, or made new offers asap. Probably needs a sit down with the BoD too.

Who do we want to stay or go? Bear in mind that pre-season starts with them coming back in on 28th June. That’s just 4 weeks!

Carlisle United Football Club can confirm that the retained / released list as we come to the end of the current season is as follows:

Players already contracted for the 2023/24 season: Jack Armer, Ryan Edmondson, Jack Ellis, Joe Garner, Callum Guy, Jayden Harris, Tomas Holy, Paul Huntington, Owen Moxon.

Players with clauses activated for the 2023/24 season: Gabriel Breeze, Jordan Gibson, Max Kilsby, Jon Mellish, Corey Whelan.

Players offered new deals: Taylor Charters, Kris Dennis, Morgan Feeney, Omari Patrick.

We will update on players offered new deals in due course.

Second-year scholars who have graduated: Kai Nugent.

Players released: Lewis Bell, Jamie Devitt, Brennan Dickenson, Josh Dixon, Sam Fishburn, Mick Kelly, Joel Senior, Tobi Sho-Silva, Scott Simons.

Loan players returning to their parent club: Fin Back, Ben Barclay, John-Kymani-Gordon, Alfie McCalmont and Jack Robinson.

The club would like to thank all players who have represented us this season.

Kelly never got a chance but I reckon he was a decent keeper; good luck to him getting a club. Pleased Gibson’s staying though I reckon him and Patrick are best used as impact players off the bench. Not surprised at those released but I wonder if there’s a place for Devitt behind the scenes? Even though Dennis got us around 20 goals I’m a bit surprised at his offer but I’ll trust Simpson’s judgement. The team next season could have a similar look to it.

Room for 6 new signings and 5 loans of Div 1 quality. I feel sorry for Senior.

Ahem Senior’s the one I feel form maybe he wasn’t fitting in. In Simmo we trust.

It is hard to envisage Jayden Harris getting much game time at Division 1 level. Possibly will go out on loan unless he can find a southern team willing to sign him.

Joel Senior has shown enough in the last few games to suggest he should find another club at Division 2 level easily enough. I suspect Simmo doesn't feel he is good enough defensively.

Will Gabe Breeze be our number 2 keeper this season or is he not ready yet? Haven't seen enough of him to know.

We definitely need another good central defender and at least one central midfielder. Huntington and Guy often appeared to be giving more than their bodies could handle this season and sooner or later one of them will get injured.

Based on the last 16 months..... whatever Simmo decides is good enough for me.

This seems to answer the question about Gabe Breeze.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/new...sions-to-make/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)