+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New players thread

New players thread

Who would we like to see grace the (newly reseeded) turf of Brunton Park? I’ve already had one shout of trying to get Andy Cook off Bradford but he’s just signed a new 3 year contract. Any thoughts?

Depending on who we keep and let go I reckon we need someone with a proven ability to actually put the ball in the net, something which we struggled with towards the end of this season. Sorry, last season. Also another centre back so we can rest Huntington occasionally and we need to have a critical look at the wing backs. Midfield will need additions because I can’t see Gibson staying and McCalmont will be gone. We’ll hopefully be able to attract a better class of loanee too.

Not that easy chuck. If Oxford release an ordinary div 1 player with ten apperences under his belt, and he wants first team football, he will have a choice.

Wycombe, Lincoln, Cambridge or Carlisle? Hes not going to pick Carlisle if he based in England, family, wife partner whatever, unless you pay him more, much more.

Cambridge is forty miles from London, you can have a meal, see a show and be home to Ely in no time. Which would you pick?, Carlisle is very up north, very.

Players who would be interested would be the good players at Stranraer, Stenhousmuir and Queen of the Sarf, looking sarf will be hard. Sorry.

There will be players becoming available from Northern clubs too Frank who might find us attractive for family reasons. Scots players from the central belt might fancy a go at EFL1 if they’re any good. That doesn’t include you McKirdy.

As much as I hate to admit it but i think that Frank is probably right,has your location been a stumbling block in signing players from the south in the past?
    Scottish players may well be willing to hop over the wall for a game but are they technically as good as players from League One or above?
    Do you have a good relationship with another club who loans you players that need first team experience?
    Are season tickets going up to psy for the promotion?
    Will Simmo be given the keys of the city and twenty sheep?

We’ve had loan players from all over, including Crystal Palace this season and Southampton recently. No special relationships but if your manager and club have a good reputation for handling young talent well and ours have, then they’ll keep coming.

The fixture list gets released on June 22nd,will there be any games that you will particularly looking to when it comes out?

Cheltenham. My daughter-in-law’s Dad supports them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    The fixture list gets released on June 22nd,will there be any games that you will particularly looking to when it comes out?
    Blackpool,Bolton,Wigan and Fleetwood.

Fo0k off… KFC Fylde etc…

Simmo has spoken..

"I think there will be a good few who we need to bring in, probably close to double figures".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0frdvln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)