+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a good season we've had

What a good season we've had

Just a big thankyou to Duff, the backroom staff and the players. It's been far better than I expected back in July. Credit to all involved. You gave us some great moments. Some of the signings have proved inspired and credit to the recruitment team.

Collectively the club has won back the vast majority of its supporters. The wins over Wednesday and Derby in the league and Bolton in the play offs at Oakwell brought back an atmosphere I never thought I'd see again. Oakwell full and bouncing. Wonderful memorable games.

Just a great shame we couldn't get the job done yesterday at Wembley. However, it wasn't through the want of trying and this team and manager has stirred my emotions this season. Yesterday, despite the loss I think we can hold our heads high and be proud
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 30-05-2023 at 10:34 AM.

You would never have guessed in a million years back in August that this memorable season would ever unfold in this way.

In reality I’m looking forward to next season in the 3rd tier if and it’s a big if we hang on to Michael Duff.

Duff already stated that possibly two will leave in his post match interview quoting the clubs model.

A very interesting summer ahead !

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Just a big thankyou to Duff, the backroom staff and the players. It's been far better than I expected back in July. Credit to all involved. You gave us some great moments. Some of the signings have proved inspired and credit to the recruitment team.

Collectively the club has won back the vast majority of its supporters. The wins over Wednesday and Derby in the league and Bolton in the play offs at Oakwell brought back an atmosphere I never thought I'd see again. Oakwell full and bouncing. Wonderful memorable games.

Just a great shame we couldn't get the job done yesterday at Wembley. However, it wasn't through the want of trying and this team and manager has stirred my emotions this season. Yesterday, despite the loss I think we can hold our heads high and be proud
    Good post Pass , you sum up a lot of my thoughts as well , it will be interesting to see how we approach our next episode & no doubt there will be much speculation , the cynics will be forecasting doom & gloom & the optimists will be full of hope & positivity where as from the management , owners & fans a period of reflection & thoughts about the way forward might be a sensible option , interesting times ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    the cynics will be forecasting doom & gloom .
    Cynics, what cynics ?

The season was much better than I had anticipated.

A lot of the credit for that goes down to Duff applying for the post here and being appointed following interview. His coaching and man management skills led to a pre-season hand of relegation players, free transfers and loans being moulded into a team that performed well in, admittedly, a poor Third Division. There was much to be proud of both through the season and at Wembley. In the end the three teams that reached over a hundred points or finished 10 points above us went up so, over a season, fair play to them.

The owners have ridden on the coat tails of Duff and put sticking plasters on the finances this season with three emergency Share Issues but financial chickens will be coming home to roost this summer. Interesting times ahead.

Well done Michael Duff and the players.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-05-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Finished 4th in Division 3 …… it was enjoyable in parts, credit to the board for turning the **** show around.

No two seasons are ever the same here are they lol. But I doubt if we could have expected this season to go as well, and it's been an enjoyable breath of fresh air, for everybody.
    I'm worried about us losing our best people at the club now, but that is an argument for another time of course. 😥