+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnsley FC CEO Khaled El-Amman.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That's the point I'm making Arbs. Let the overwhelming body of media, football and public opinion do the talking. It has far more weight than a CEO from the beaten club ranting about being "robbed" by the officials. A more experienced CEO would have said the standard, "I'm disappointed with some of the decisions" and then let others do the work of influencing change.
    Let's face it, the FA/ EFL are not going to take any action on the referee and are more likely to act against us. As Jules has said the silence from those in authority is deafening. Not a word. When they are in the wrong the very least they should do is apologise. But we know that will not happen.
    As I said before--Ahmad achieves short term kudos from fans for showing "passion" but could well bring possible medium term detriment to Barnsley FC
    It's also the responsibility of a manager to stand up for his workers, a CEO to stand up for his company SB. He should be allowed to call out what he believes are 'wrongs' as Khaled has done in this case. I see nothing wrong with Khaled speaking his mind. Maybe it will come back to bite us to an extent but maybe he will also have support from other CEOs that isn't apparent to us. Interesting on the highlights show that all pundits said that they believed the two decisions were wrong (Dean Ashton, think it was Jobi McAnuff, Schumacher the Plymouth manager and one other I think). With such a level of agreement, from across the board, why shouldn't Khaled also voice his concerns? I know your concerns with this but I for one don't blame Khaled for standing up and being counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    It's also the responsibility of a manager to stand up for his workers, a CEO to stand up for his company SB. He should be allowed to call out what he believes are 'wrongs' as Khaled has done in this case. I see nothing wrong with Khaled speaking his mind. Maybe it will come back to bite us to an extent but maybe he will also have support from other CEOs that isn't apparent to us. Interesting on the highlights show that all pundits said that they believed the two decisions were wrong (Dean Ashton, think it was Jobi McAnuff, Schumacher the Plymouth manager and one other I think). With such a level of agreement, from across the board, why shouldn't Khaled also voice his concerns? I know your concerns with this but I for one don't blame Khaled for standing up and being counted.
    Pretty much agree Arby , sitting back and taking it from the establishment isn't what the people of this borough historically do .

We are a proud community and stand up for ourselves .

Khaled should be the EFL's biggest nightmare .

We get feck all anyway so what's to lose ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I agree with what you have said , we all have a breaking point & maybe the microphone was shoved under his nose right at the point to activate is breaking point, doffing your cap to the establishment might keep us out of potential trouble but sometimes you just have to say it how you see it & hang the consequences & the guy just said what we were all thinking , I would rather have someone speaking straight john bull than sugar coating , I say well done Khaled you actually spoke on the behalf of the club & our fans .

Khaled shouldn't have made those comments straight after our loss, IMO. It looks like sour grapes and makes him look like a bad loser. Being a CEO, he should have been able to keep his head and control his passion. The best thing he could have done is to have offered the bullets but got others to fire them for him and Barnsley fc. He should have said that he thought the ref was poor and disagreed with a couple of decisions by him, then congratulate the Fowls and say how proud he was of Barnsley. Doing that calmly and without actually being blatant about it by saying the ref robbed us and practically calling him a cheat, means he then looks magnanimous in defeat, and the ref and his decisions are called out more by others. No fear of a fine or repercussions because the others, pundits, managers, and sports show hosts are doing the shouting about the ref, VAR, red cards, penalties and are aggrieved for you. That's being smart.

I can understand the siege mentality, us against the big clubs, Good Old Khaled speaks for us, you tell 'em Khaled etc

"Absolutely robbed by the referee. This is just so evident, it's too obvious"

The referee and the VAR panel has made mistakes, as we all have, but to rant about the ref in this manner sets an example to fans, particularly young fans or those inclined to poor behaviour, that the abuse of referees is OK. Be careful what you wish for regarding the manner refs are treated during and after games, with players confronting them on the pitch with faces twisted with rage, coaches running on the pitch to argue and CEO's ranting at their performance. It all causes me to be concerned about the consequent future pool of referees. Refs are leaving the grass roots game in droves.

The extreme end result of where this "lets all abuse the ref" leads will be more of the scenes such as those at Budapest Airport.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-06-2023 at 06:01 AM.

I can understand the siege mentality, us against the big clubs, Good Old Khaled speaks for us, you tell 'em Khaled etc

"Absolutely robbed by the referee. This is just so evident, it's too obvious"

The referee and the VAR panel has made mistakes, as we all have, but to rant about the ref in this manner sets an example to fans, particularly young fans or those inclined to poor behaviour, that the abuse of referees is OK. Be careful what you wish for regarding the manner refs are treated during and after games, with players confronting them on the pitch with faces twisted with rage, coaches running on the pitch to argue and CEO's ranting at their performance. It all causes me to be concerned about the consequent future pool of referees. Refs are leaving the grass roots game in droves.

The extreme end result of where this "lets all abuse the ref" leads will be more of the scenes such as those at Budapest Airport.
    It's a very valid point SB and I guess many of us are still way too emotional following Monday's events .

Unfortunately the game today that they have created is very much a driving force , the differential between success and failure is measured in millions of pounds .

The stakes have never been higher and so the mistakes can't just be simply brushed away quite so easily .

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastyke View Post
    Khaled shouldn't have made those comments straight after our loss, IMO. It looks like sour grapes and makes him look like a bad loser. Being a CEO, he should have been able to keep his head and control his passion. The best thing he could have done is to have offered the bullets but got others to fire them for him and Barnsley fc. He should have said that he thought the ref was poor and disagreed with a couple of decisions by him, then congratulate the Fowls and say how proud he was of Barnsley. Doing that calmly and without actually being blatant about it by saying the ref robbed us and practically calling him a cheat, means he then looks magnanimous in defeat, and the ref and his decisions are called out more by others. No fear of a fine or repercussions because the others, pundits, managers, and sports show hosts are doing the shouting about the ref, VAR, red cards, penalties and are aggrieved for you. That's being smart.
    Spot on Fants.

Ahmad said in his last message to fans, "We will be smart". Not the best start.

When will be get the "big and exciting news" ? It's losing its PR impact the longer it drags on.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's a very valid point SB and I guess many of us are still way too emotional following Monday's events .

Unfortunately the game today that they have created is very much a driving force , the differential between success and failure is measured in millions of pounds .

The stakes have never been higher and so the mistakes can't just be simply brushed away quite so easily .
    Correct Animal. Money rules in football more than ever.

The acquisition or loss of money is increasingly the driving force for all kinds of behaviour both on and off the pitch

Correct Animal. Money rules in football more than ever.

The acquisition or loss of money is increasingly the driving force for all kinds of behaviour both on and off the pitch
    And the game is poorer for it , I use the term game in the smallest possible way because it's now an industry between competing businesses within the capitalist system .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123