+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley FC CEO Khaled El-Amman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Maybe so but at least he had the guts to say it & it needed saying , he might not be Mr popular on here but some times you have say well done , he has said what a lot of us think & even if it does us no good at least he got it off his chest .
    That may be so but all he has achieved is to alienate the club further in the eyes of the FA , EFL and Referees Association.

The more professional and clever CEO's do not come out with such remarks in the immediate aftermath of a game. They know it achieves nothing. The more clever CEO's work on influencing the media and public opinion with considered remarks which is more effective at getting in the minds of decision makers to bring about change.

Such remarks may bring him kudos with fans of his own club in the short term but I am not sure it will have medium/ long term benefits for Barnsley FC or in general. The next meetings of the relevant bodies will not be saying "the CEO at Barnsley says one of our referees robbed them at Wembley so we will have to quickly introduce changes to the recruitment, training and performance of referees in this country". I have said before we are building a medium/ long term problem with the quality of refereeing starting with good referees leaving in droves from school/ youth and grass roots level because of the abuse they get. To suggest in public a referee intentionally robbed us of victory only adds to this. The ref probably did make a mistake but so has Ahmad in his time here.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 31-05-2023 at 04:50 AM.

Conway and Chien will offer to pay the fine no problem.

He's right whichever way you look at it, and the Efl will fine him will they ?. 😮
    Those refs will carry on despite ruining the match and the whole season for us as well, with their sheer incompetence.
    Should it count even more as well when all of the commentators and pundits, on each of the channels, said it was bad refereeing and he's made two big/bad mistakes there (both against us!). 👎

The silence from the leader of referees is deafening. Not a word. When they are in the wrong…the very least they should do is apologise…………..

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That may be so but all he has achieved is to alienate the club further in the eyes of the FA , EFL and Referees Association.

The more professional and clever CEO's do not come out with such remarks in the immediate aftermath of a game. They know it achieves nothing. The more clever CEO's work on influencing the media and public opinion with considered remarks which is more effective at getting in the minds of decision makers to bring about change.

Such remarks may bring him kudos with fans of his own club in the short term but I am not sure it will have medium/ long term benefits for Barnsley FC or in general. The next meetings of the relevant bodies will not be saying "the CEO at Barnsley says one of our referees robbed them at Wembley so we will have to quickly introduce changes to the recruitment, training and performance of referees in this country". I have said before we are building a medium/ long term problem with the quality of refereeing starting with good referees leaving in droves from school/ youth and grass roots level because of the abuse they get. To suggest in public a referee intentionally robbed us of victory only adds to this. The ref probably did make a mistake but so has Ahmad in his time here.
    I understand what you're saying about professionalism SB, but sometimes sheer passion doesn't allow you to contain it. I applaud Khaled for speaking his mind and being passionate enough to say it. I've seen the highlights on ITV today and all the pundits on there, plus Schumacher the Plymouth manager, all agreed that the decisions were wrong. All the neutrals I've spoken to agree that we were robbed. Without bleating on about it for ever and a day, the wrongs should be stated otherwise how would anything improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I understand what you're saying about professionalism SB, but sometimes sheer passion doesn't allow you to contain it. I applaud Khaled for speaking his mind and being passionate enough to say it. I've seen the highlights on ITV today and all the pundits on there, plus Schumacher the Plymouth manager, all agreed that the decisions were wrong. All the neutrals I've spoken to agree that we were robbed. Without bleating on about it for ever and a day, the wrongs should be stated otherwise how would anything improve?
    That's the point I'm making Arbs. Let the overwhelming body of media, football and public opinion do the talking. It has far more weight than a CEO from the beaten club ranting about being "robbed" by the officials. A more experienced CEO would have said the standard, "I'm disappointed with some of the decisions" and then let others do the work of influencing change.
    Let's face it, the FA/ EFL are not going to take any action on the referee and are more likely to act against us. As Jules has said the silence from those in authority is deafening. Not a word. When they are in the wrong the very least they should do is apologise. But we know that will not happen.
    As I said before--Ahmad achieves short term kudos from fans for showing "passion" but could well bring possible medium term detriment to Barnsley FC

It was sad to see Roma fans threatening ref Anthony Taylor and his family at Budapest Airport after the Roma Head Coach and officials had ranted about Taylor having cost them the game against Seville.

I am not saying the equivalent happened at Wembley but those scenes could potentially be a bit further down the road in football in England.

Disgusting indeed SB.

These idiots for their punishment should be put in an outside police prison cage from dawn till dusk during summer time hours with one bottle of water to fight over.

With live footage screened and sent to their own social platforms they are registered to.

The EFL FA AND REFEREE ASC HAVE ALIENATED BFC FOR YEARS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast