+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I know where I was 30 years ago

I know where I was 30 years ago

I bet a lot on here was there as well.
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/celebrati...in-dave-bowler

I was there with my late dad, although a Leeds fan he came to a lot of Albion matches with me, I actually think he was more an Albion fan than Leeds fan by the end of his days.

It’s always poignant to look at matches where you know you were in attendance with someone who’s no longer with us.

I too was there with my dad, amazing day!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    I too was there with my dad, amazing day!
    I was there .the captain of vale that day was Dean Glover. Lived few doors away from us in Northfield. Great family.remember giving him and his mom &dad friendly stick before and after..one of the best days of my life.

I was down in St Ives, Cornwall and could not go. I remember having to phone my daughter to see how we got on. When she told me the score I ran into the cottage, put my Albion top on and ran back down to the family. My wife said due to the fact that I was beaming and wearing my shirt I presume Albion won, so can we please now start to enjoy our holiday and would I stop walking around looking like someone had died.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)