+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📝Connell Rawlinson signs new contract

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think he's adapted to playing on the right side of a back three pretty well. Brindley never seemed at his best this season, so Rawlinson was first choice in that position for me.

Good news he's signed, he also provides cover for the centre of defence.
    Agree with all of this. Was definitely my first choice over Brinds , once back available to play, for the run in and playoffs. Played better than I thought he would in that role, although limitations still showed.

Essential option and cover at CB especially as he already knows the system inside out.

Delighted with this news, some very good performances this season and seems to have the respect of all of the players and most importantly the manager, now 2 more to sign on the dotted line and we are set to go 😀

Great news, I think he’s been brilliant since he came in for Brindley. Whilst originally he was a classed as a head it, kick it CB I actually think he’s improved on the playing out style, so absolute credit to him.

Good news. Connell's a defender first and foremost, which for all the great play by our defenders this season has sometimes been a weakness.

I actually got a wee bit emotional reading Connell's interview/statement on signing his new contract. I think he might even bleed black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I actually got a wee bit emotional reading Connell's interview/statement on signing his new contract. I think he might even bleed black and white.
    When we’ve got quality and experienced players at the club coming out and saying these things it’s got to bode well for the others.

For too many years we had players coming in and out whose names we would forget and probably don’t remember off the top of our heads. Players that did not care about the club or its supporters. Players who were just happy to pick up a wage or a last pay check. They would only be here for a season or two maximum and then move on. Constant changes of managers and philosophies each time with bloated squads.

Since 2019 it’s changed. From when JOB and Doyle came in and stuck by the club after it got relegated.

We’ve now got a number of players who have been at the club for quite some time in football terms and that’s created stability, structure and loyalty.

Connell Rawlinson will have chalked up six years at the club when his new contract comes to an end. Same with Richard Brindley by the time his contract ends next summer he will have chalked up five years. Not many players have achieved a milestone like that this century. I can only think of Mike Edwards off the top of my head.

There are others as well;

JOB - Played in five seasons (4 years)
    Richard Brindley (4 years)
    Sam Slocombe (4 years)

All good servants for the club and have helped the club get to where it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    When we’ve got quality and experienced players at the club coming out and saying these things it’s got to bode well for the others.

For too many years we had players coming in and out whose names we would forget and probably don’t remember off the top of our heads. Players that did not care about the club or its supporters. Players who were just happy to pick up a wage or a last pay check. They would only be here for a season or two maximum and then move on. Constant changes of managers and philosophies each time with bloated squads.

Since 2019 it’s changed. From when JOB and Doyle came in and stuck by the club after it got relegated.

We’ve now got a number of players who have been at the club for quite some time in football terms and that’s created stability, structure and loyalty.

Connell Rawlinson will have chalked up six years at the club when his new contract comes to an end. Same with Richard Brindley by the time his contract ends next summer he will have chalked up five years. Not many players have achieved a milestone like that this century. I can only think of Mike Edwards off the top of my head.

There are others as well;

JOB - Played in five seasons (4 years)
    Richard Brindley (4 years)
    Sam Slocombe (4 years)

All good servants for the club and have helped the club get to where it is today.
    Very true. It's nice to have some real club men around the place who clearly care. We've not had many of them in recent years.

The only other player I can think of who spent at least four years at the club in recent years is Neal Bishop, and then going back further, players like Mike Edwards (as you pointed out), Ricco, and Stallard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123