+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ⚠️FAO Everyone⚠️

Exclamation ⚠️FAO Everyone⚠️

Due to the recent return of the old feuds on NCM I have resurrected the handbags thread, which can be found as a 'sticky' message at the top of the board as before.

Unfortunately as there is no moderator on NCM these days I have stupidly taken it upon myself to try and keep things under control for the last few years. It seems I am wasting my time and that certain posters are making damned sure that I waste even more of it.

Unless a moderator is found soon I shall no longer be bothering as my enjoyment of this board is currently close to zero because I spend far more time checking on what trouble has been posted than I do being an ordinary Notts fan on here.

Will the usual suspects and any new combatants therefore please contain their feuding to that designated thread on pain of an instant three-month, non-negotiable ban.

Thanks.

P.S. I will not be replying to the usual whiny 'he-said, she-said' messages regarding this.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 31-05-2023 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Due to the recent return of the old feuds on NCM I have resurrected the handbags thread, which can be found as a 'sticky' message at the top of the board as before.

Unfortunately as there is no moderator on NCM these days I have stupidly taken it upon myself to try and keep things under control for the last few years. It seems I am wasting my time and that certain posters are making damned sure that I waste even more of it.

Unless a moderator is found soon I shall no longer be bothering as my enjoyment of this board is currently close to zero because I spend far more time checking on what trouble has been posted than I do being an ordinary Notts fan on here.

Will the usual suspects and any new combatants therefore please contain their feuding to that designated thread on pain of an instant three-month, non-negotiable ban.

Thanks.

P.S. I will not be replying to the usual whiny 'he-said, she-said' messages regarding this.
    Well done & keep up the good work Swale I honestly don't think anyone can have any complaints about this.COYP

Would it not be simpler to just ban the perpetrators completely and for good?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Thanks.

You must be one of the most reasonable and patient people on earth Mr Swale and you certainly should not be having to waste your time, or indeed, allow us to have our time wasted. I'm sure there must be times some good moderation is really required and you are the right person for this.

However you have attempted several times in the past year or three and more to deal with this "handbags" issue and if I have a criticism it is that you have used a kid glove and so the culprits end up playing you like a puppet.

Even the fact the "grown-ups" need a handbags thread is a bad sign. They can bicker on DMs.

Please carry out your threats, no further warnings, and free us all of this plague and get back to enjoying the success this club is finally enjoying and being involved in constructive comment about our hopes and achievments.

Thank you for what you are doing.

I would say permanent ban, it’s just going on and on and I think more posters would start posting if it stopped.
    People have disagreements regarding the footy and that’s what this board is for, not for some strange feuds between middle aged men that we all have to constantly experience.

I would say 3 month ban (as proposed) then if a subsequent infringement a permanent ban. But happy with either approach tbh.

Agree with Old_Pie and Matt's overall comments, no more warnings.

Can't wait to get back to agreeing and disagreeing over footy and more importantly Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I would say 3 month ban (as proposed) then if a subsequent infringement a permanent ban. But happy with either approach tbh.

Agree with Old_Pie and Matt's overall comments, no more warnings.

Can't wait to get back to agreeing and disagreeing over footy and more importantly Notts.
    Noted. By the way, it isn't 'proposed', it is operational.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 31-05-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Cool. I think it's a great decision and will be instantly very beneficial for the board and everyone who uses it.

Now let's have some more players from the promotion winning side signed up to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    See Handbags thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    See Handbags thread.
    I'de sooner not thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast